Thruxton 50th anniversary display

Brian Magee

Supporter
Last April the Hants & Berks region of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club were fortunate to be invited to Thruxton Circuit to put on a display of our cars at a race meeting. We were also allowed two demonstration laps of the circuit during the lunch break.

This year is the 50th anniversary of Thruxton and they are putting on a celebratory two day meeting on June 2nd and 3rd to which we have again been invited to display our cars.

I have nine cars confirmed so far but I would like to see at least twelve cars. Anyone with a GT40 is welcome to join us. Please let me know as soon as possible if you wish to attend as I have to organise the passes. There will be free entry for driver and passenger. Because of the tight two day schedule they cannot offer us any track time this year so it will be a display only.

There will be a full programme of historic racing both days including a round of the HSCC Guards Trophy for Sports & GT Cars.

Nigel Mansell and Murray Walker will be among the high-profile guests, while the event will also feature demonstration runs from racing cars and bikes, including a 1983 Williams FW08C Grand Prix car as raced by Keke Rosberg and to be driven by Karun Chandok. Also there will be a British Superbike demonstration.
Nigel & Murray will be opening the new Thruxton Centre building on the Sunday.
For the latest updates check out their website:-
Thruxton 50th Anniversary Celebration - Thruxton Circuit
If you are interested, send me a PM and include your email address and which day(s) you wish to attend.
Brian Magee

Brian,

Thank you for arranging the get together, it was a really enjoyable day & an impressive display of GT40's.

Unusually hot weather too!

Kind regards,
Julian

Attachments

• IMG_3675.jpg
    IMG_3675.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_3676.jpg
    IMG_3676.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 384
Back