Ebay scam or good deal?

eBay Motors: Ford 289 HO High Output Mustang 302 351 Engine Block (item 300179797983 end time Dec-10-07 19:51:27 PST)
The casting is listed as "C5AE-8O15E" which should be -6015E (6 not 8 & zero, not O) for a HiPo, but that could be a misreading by seller. But calling it a "Hi Output" instead of "Hi Po", refusing to give rod and crank nrs., and the lack of bids makes me suspicious. Also, didn't the Hi Po block have screw in plugs in the rear oil galleys, instead of press-ins like this one?
Can an old school engine member shed some light on this please before I bid on a potential boat anchor?

John,
Its just an 'ordinary' 289 block , not a Hi Po. Main brg caps would be thicker & fully machined all the way up on front/rear faces if it was Hi Po.

Jac Mac

'Engine was previously run on alcohol, therefor it has some darkening of the pistons and a little on one cylinder, but this will not affect the performance or life span of the engine"....................Oh ya, right!

I agree with Jac Mac on the main caps............The seller may be going off information he got when HE bought it, and now he found out the real story about what parts are in the engine, he may have a desire to treat the next person in line........with a good deal!

Back