Enduro & sprint season begins for Superlite SLC

This Friday will mark the return of the #01 Superlite SLC to competition in 2012. The team will field the car, with updated powerplant, improved aerodynamics and bigger brakes in a 3-hour enduro starting at 4:30 PM on the Autobahn Full circuit. With regular factory driver and reigning National Champion Ryan Ellis, the team will add Chris Durbin, a seasoned enduro driver from the West coast. The pair will contest the enduro, and Ryan will assume his regular role for the NASA-sanctioned weekend's two 40-minute races on the South circuit on Saturday and Sunday, beginning at 3:20 PM on both days.

If you are in the Chicagoland area, stop by and look over the car, meet the team and enjoy the races!

Check out the track and get directions, etc, at the Autobahn web site: Autobahn Country Club - America's Premier Motorsports Club located in Joliet, IL | 2 Road Racing Courses | Defensive Driving School, Skid Pad | Auto Country Club | Karting | Sports Car Country Club | Motorsports Country Club | Road Course Driving | R

Glenn M

Supporter
Wish you all the best Will. I had my first event of the year at the Goodwood Sprint on Monday and it chucked it down all day long! Hope your SLC is more waterproof than my 40!

Attachments

• Goodwood.jpg
    Goodwood.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 273
Went down to Autobahn today and saw the car, first time I have seen an SLC in the flesh. Looked great and ran even better up until they had a minor problem with an exhaust pipe. I won't spoil Fran and Will's update but the times they were running were quite quick.

Thanks to Fran for walking me through the car, was great to meet you in person.

P.S. There was a Mustang with some ungodly amount of HP out there, he said 1000; I have no way of validating other than he would take off out of the corner faster than anything out there.

P.P.S The SLC was faster than him; by a lot

Very good weekend....we all knew this would be a test session and I was very happy with the results..ran a second driver to break him in also......car was very fast

There will be a full report in the next day or so...

Back