Flashing New Message Icon Always There

I've got problem where flashing mail icon(envelope) is always flashing. Even if you read new mail, icon remains there. Tried restarting, logging out etc. I've even had multiple private messages now.

Problem started about a week ago.

Icon is located top left next to your username.

Anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

Refresh didn't fix it.

Decided to try clearing cache and that did it. Woohoo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Strange it has only done it recently.

Thanks for your help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keith

if you right click on the IE icon, select properties and click on "settings" in the temporary Internet Files dialogue box and it should look like the box below: If not it will continually load the older pages in your browser.

Attachments

• 50431-Image1.jpg
    50431-Image1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 323

Keith

Sorry Craig, forgot to mention that now your browser's cache is clear, next time you get a PM and read it, the pm message icon will continue to flash. Just refresh at that point and it will stop. Anyway, it's about 0 degrees here and b****y freezing. I want to be on the Gold Coast!!!!

It's a beautiful day on the Gold Coast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just tried a test PM and icon stays flashing again, even after refreshing page. Argh. I suspected as much as I hadn't changed any settings. Oh well.

Yep, know that one. Shift - Refresh(or Shift F5) does make any difference. Weird hey. Thanks for trying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back