Ford 302 Aluminum Block only ¡ 3 hrs. left !

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

Click image for auction

Bidding at only $2501.01
New as delivered.
8.200" Deck Height
Bore Range 4.000" - 4.155"
356-T7 Aluminum Block with 1018 Steel 4 Bolts Main Caps
Can be bored and stroked to 380 cu. in. 92 lbs.
Uses common O.D. Cam Bearings
Siamese Cylinder Bores
This is a new Ford racing block that is untouched.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
It's missing the rear main cap, and I think an older version of the block. As it does not have the RDI tattoo in the front. I have 2 of these and both have screw in freeze plugs (look likes they have press in).

Still not a bad price, but figure the cost of the rear cap into it.

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
The Dart is almost as bad, it is stuff that you just have to do to clean them up. I would favor the Dart block (That is what is going in the GT40), but the one in the mustang is still taking a beating.

Sandy

Sandy, does this look like your RDI block. I e-mailed the seller and there are NO RDI casting numbers or serial numbers and there is no Ford number cast into the block as well. RDI said if it came from them. it would have a part number and a casting ID'ing it as a RDI block. RDI did add that some of these blocks cast by Alan Root did make there way out the back door without ever making it too RDI. I have spoke with the seller and am interested in it, if it is truly a RDI block. Being that there is no stamp or serial number, RDI said it would have to be shipped back to RDI to have another rear main cap made as there are two different styles of rear main caps.

Thanks, Andy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Likely not an RDI, my block has the front oval tattoo that has RDI and a serial number. This is likely an alan root or other time frame block then the RDI. Not bad, just earlier. Why is it missing the rear cap too???

Sandy

Sandy said:
Why is it missing the rear cap too??? Sandy

Sandy, the seller said he bought several of these blocks some years back for cars such as yours, vintage, road race car's ect and this one had been used for displays ??? if I heard him correctly and was now sitting around in the shop for some time. Somehow the rear cap was misplaced in transition and has been missing for some time. Not a bad deal, however for what we are wanting to do with it, I need to know that it is a RDI. I noticed the sides of the block did not have some of the strengthening ribs that I have seen on others. Also some I have come across have the rear of the cam tunnel machined open for a freeze plug, and others do not. RDI said it would be around $400 to machine a new rear main cap.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
It does look similar, in the pics the screw in freeze plugs may be just missing or pressed in type it is hard to say. My block has the screw in. The block came with a bag of plugs for the block, most were o-ringed and included the rear cam one as well. You should ask if he has that parts kit as well (or what it cost from RDI).

Not sure what RDI get for the blocks these days, but by the time it is all said and done you might only save a few hundred dollars vs. getting one direct from RDI. I recall a few years ago they were about $3700 plus ship. Not sure what they are these days, I'm sure more.

Take a look at some of the pics of Bernard's Daytona coupes motor, it has some pics of a similar block that is also missing the RDI stamp, but does have some SVO numbers.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/poll-place/19156-what-engine-you-using.html#post172930

Sandy

Back