FS Rebuilt G50/50 transaxle

Hey everyone,

Just trying to get through some of our recent builds here and thought that I would let everyone know that we have a G50/50 here is anyone is looking for one of these.

This is one of the most rare gearboxes around currently and very very strong.

It has not been inverted as of yet and pricing would be $9500 shipped within the CONUS.

It features steel synchros, and factory LSD. It has been completely rebuilt and and with the exception of the inversion is ready to go.

Let me know if you are interested in this one.

Thanks for looking all.

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(303) 443-1343 ext 2 work

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Erik - You might want to talk about what you do to a G50 when you prepare it to be used in a mid-engine car in an Inverted position..

Big-Foot,

Sure thing. So in order to use a G50 in a inverted position for mid-engine application, there are a couple of modifications that need to be made.

First there are the obvious ones. You need to relocate the fill plug, drain plug, and vent. This is where most people stop, but we go a bit further to ensure durability. A G50, any G50 has several oiling hole that allow for the passage of oil throughout the gearbox, (ie from the front to the back), now when you run the gearbox inverted many of these passages are now in the wrong place and as such, proper oiling can be an issue.

Many companies will try to sell a spraybar system to counter this, but this is really for a lot of applications overkill. We go into the gearbox housing instead and open new passages to allow for the gearbox to be run in the inverted position without the need for a spraybar.

There are many schools of thought to this issue of proper oiling and transaxle cooling. As a matter of coarse we also install cooler in and out fittings so that if you wish to use an external cooler and electric pump the fitting will be there already for you. If you do not wish to go this direction then simple brass plugs are used to block these areas off.

I hope that this information has been helpful. Please do not hesitate to ask further questions, as I am always here to help.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(303) 443-1343 ext 2 work

Back