Gen3 coyote and graziano flywheel

I purchased the RCR trans completion kit and I went to install the supplied flywheel and the flat surfaces do not touch. The part on the motor protrudes 9mm but the pocket in the flywheel is only 8mm deep. Is it safe to assume I don't want to try and bolt it down and force it?
I can find the post but I remember someone else said they burned out some motor bearings by bolting some thing up wrong

Attachments

• 20231107_204344.jpg
    20231107_204344.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 70
I called RCR and they are checking with the machinist to see if my GEN3 is different that other coyotes. Hoping for a quick resolution as I have some next steps scheduled.

Bill at RCR was awesome and got back to me that I was missing a spacer plate that he is sending out to me. He also made me aware that I was missing the motors crank pulse ring, which I have on order now. I will post pictures of both when I get them in case someone else has this issue in the future.
I am hoping these are both thin. Without them I have about 0.5" of ARP crank bolt engagement and the thickness of each of these will subtract from that.

Last edited:
Getting ready to bolt the flywheel on. I searched for a thin wall 19mm 12 point socket but couldn't find one with a small enough outer diameter to fit in the recesses. Others mention using a lathe to turn the socket down but I don't have one. I got the idea to use an impact adapter in the socket to spin it and grind on the bench grinder. The socket was too wobbly and ground unevenly. Then I got the idea to chuck the socket with a 3/8" bolt to chuck the socket and got it ground evenly

Attachments

• 20231120_203212.jpg
    20231120_203212.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 51

Neil

Supporter
Getting ready to bolt the flywheel on. I searched for a thin wall 19mm 12 point socket but couldn't find one with a small enough outer diameter to fit in the recesses. Others mention using a lathe to turn the socket down but I don't have one. I got the idea to use an impact adapter in the socket to spin it and grind on the bench grinder. The socket was too wobbly and ground unevenly. Then I got the idea to chuck the socket with a 3/8" bolt to chuck the socket and got it ground evenly
Using 12-point head bolts might be easier.

I am looking for the thread size for the pickup and return bung in the RCR GT-R tank. I have the RCR fuel system but those did not come with it. I also wanted to see what others have used for the fitting and in tank tubing for the pickup and return lines.
I wanted to run a holley hrdromat but I dont think I can get one into the tank through the level sending unit hole and I am not looking to cut my tank up. Has anyone used one?

Back