Goodwood Revival Meeting

The Goodwood Revival Meeting at the Goodwood circuit in Sussex just has to be the finest classic race meeting anywhere in the world it's the ULTIMATE! Closer to a motor racing heaven you can't get!

As you cast your eyes over the magnificent collection you'll see Prince Bira's ERA 'Romulus',the V16 BRM, the Ferrari Dino that won the 1960 Italian Grand Prix, ex-works Alfa Romeos, Aston-Martins, Jaguar D-Types, a GT40, Jim Clark's Indy winning Lotus and many, many others. In the paddock the old boys are there, among them Stirling Moss, Phil Hill, John Surtees , Jack Brabham, Derek Bell, Jochen Mass, all a bit balder and greyer but as fast as ever. And just to put the cream on top, as you marvel at the display in front of you, two Spitfires and a Hurricane roar low overhead.

Competitors, mechanics and others privileged to have tickets for the paddock area have to be dressed in period dress, ie 1940s to 1960s and what a magnificent sight that is. Got to give it to the Brits at events like that they rise to the occasion!

I'll be there from Saturday, September 6 and the Sunday as well. If any forum members are going it would be great to meet up. My UK cell/mobile number is 0778 966 0391.

See you in heaven!
Andre 40

Hi, I'll be there on Saturday with a friend who used to live in SA. I'll give you a call on your mobile.
regards, Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
Will be there on Saturday only, with my Dad.

Sunday seems to be race day with practice all day Friday and half day Saturday with racing in the afternoon on Saturday. Anyone know the schedule for practice as on Saturday I doubt we shall see the 40's racing, looking at the scehdule in Motorsport magazine. I would like to see them running if at all possible.

Malcolm

I am there Sunday with my Dad but we will mainly be at the Lavant corner stand as he can't walk far.

Check out www.goodwood.co.uk motorsport revival event news for what's happening, its updating all the time. You think of a driver and they are there (including the enthusiastic Mr. Bean - Rowan Atkinson! - who blew his Mark X (?) Jags engine last year so Stirling didn't get to drive it!)

Back