Greetings from South Dakota; new GT40 owner here

Hello everybody,

I just bought the Ted Baird GT40 that was featured on Petrolicious a while back, and was used extensively for the audio recordings for the GT40 footage in the movie “Ford v Ferrari“. It is based on a Superformance GT40, but many Superformance components were stripped off, in favor of many original GT40 components that Ted had collected over the years.

As on owner of a red/white 2006 Ford GT, and a 2022 Carbon Series Ford GT that I had Ford/MultiMatic custom paint “MKIV red” to match my 2006 GT, I felt this was the perfect GT40 to complete my collection and achieve a trifecta. Well, an original red GT40 would have been even better, but I didn’t think my wife would approve of the price tag. :)

The car should arrive on Thursday, so until then, all I’ve been able to do is watch these videos about 150 times:

https://youtu.be/8xcTkwuvSio

Congrats Clint and welcome to GT40S. Please keep us updated on your collection. We love pictures.
Enjoy the forum!!!!!

Regards Brian

Thank you very much, Brian! I will post some photos eventually, after I have received the car and organized things a bit. My place is a huge mess right now, as I'm building a new garage. For now, for those interested, feel free to see many photos of my car stuff on my Instagram page: dakota_gt

Back