GT 40 in the movies

Flipping channels last night on HBO was drippy movie called 'A man and a woman', what caught my eye was the star was a French race car driver and the scene about 30 minutes into the movie showed a GT 40 and an Ford indy type car, 2 people were reving/ working on the GT 40. Movie was circa 1966 so I assume they were the real deal. With all the Ford cars in the movie, obviously Ford had something to do with it. Wayne

It's a classic and definitely has that "60s" feel. Gratuitous GT40 footage makes the movie, along with the haunting theme song. The livery of the car, which I believe now resides in France, inspired my RF's paint scheme (along with my old Matchbox Collector's case).

Mark,

I hadn't seen that clip yet but hope to. As for your GT40, what's your ETA for being ready for the road? I thought you had given a post awhile back that said 2004. We're anxious for you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Have fun!

John

'drippy' - this film is a great oscar winning classic !

I once bought it for some friends he's very car-y and she's quite girl-y so they had a fabulous evening watching it together

The car was in the paddock at the Le MAns Classic in 2002

It's been available on DVD for the US and Canadian markets for a little while. I think Amazon stocks it - two Acadamy Aawards but "drippy" is a good description.

Rob

Try and get hold of the DVD "The Making of Grand Prix". There is about 2 seconds of a stripped down GT40 being used as a camera car.

Jasper. take a look at picture with my post. Could this be the car you are talking about. I took this shot at the Monaco GP. Sometimes it is good to be old!

I rapidly lost interest after the car scene ended, I guess I have a short attention span, Wayne

Back