Gt40's on the block this weekend

Ronnie, glad to read recent events were not too much of a bother. Technology can be a blessing at times although I personally have a love / hate relationship with it. I just couldn't help but think of you when hearing about all the sales. I'm still looking forward to having your book sitting by my easy chair while I sit by the fire with a nice cuppa. You may recall I came across an early edition of your book at Amelia Island last year where they were asking a paltry $495+ for it if I recall. Thankfully my girlfriend talked me out of as I stood in the queue. Continued success in getting the book completed....before the next sale.

Trev, I see R&S posted their results for the recent auction but oddly the P4 is MIA. Anyobne know why....I believe there is even a Youtube vid of someone starting the car out in the lot prior to sale.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Trev, I see R&S posted their results for the recent auction but oddly the P4 is MIA. Anyobne know why....I believe there is even a Youtube vid of someone starting the car out in the lot prior to sale.

I believe the next issue of "Sports Car Market" magazine will list it. I'll post that then, if I haven't been beaten to it.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
OCTANE did an article a few years back looking at which classic cars would be the most valuable. (if they came to market, which most of them will not) I think the most valuable one, hypothetically, was the Mercedes-Benz 300SLR which Moss and Jenks crewed to a victory in one of the last Mille Miglias. But 1075 was up there, too- thirty or forty million dollars, maybe? I don't know. Unlikely it will be for sale in the near future. The person who owns it doesn't need the money and does race it occasionally.

OCTANE did an article a few years back looking at which classic cars would be the most valuable. (if they came to market, which most of them will not) I think the most valuable one, hypothetically, was the Mercedes-Benz 300SLR which Moss and Jenks crewed to a victory in one of the last Mille Miglias. But 1075 was up there, too- thirty or forty million dollars, maybe? I don't know. Unlikely it will be for sale in the near future. The person who owns it doesn't need the money and does race it occasionally.

I hunted up the Octane article online & the value estimates are silly by today's standards, even though it was published only 2 years ago. 1075 was valued at 3MM Sterling (Mercedes 300SLR at 30MM sterling by comparison). And no mention of the Foyt/Gurney Mk IV, which I'd put in the top echelon.

Just an update on the P4 being offered by Russo and Steele.....P4 is MIA as R&S have posted their results. Anyone know why it never made it to the block?

Still hard to look at the MK II going for a song. Ouch!

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I believe the next issue of "Sports Car Market" magazine will list it. I'll post that then, if I haven't been beaten to it.

Looked it up in the SCM auction database. All it says is:

Car Details
1965 Ferrari P4 Bailey replica
Sale Details
NOT SOLD at $N/A
Auction
Russo and Steele, Monterey CA on August 16, 2012
Lot#
S670

Back