Hose support clamps for stainless coolant tubing?

Is there a "special" (i.e., high temp) hose support clamp you guys are using to secure the stainless coolant tubing to the frame? The pics I've seen look like a regular rubber insulated clip, except they seem to have a bluish band around the center which makes me think there's a special high temp version of it? (I don't think I'd be comfortable just using regular rubber/vinyl coated clamps on a pipe that gets that hot.......)

Mcmaster-carr is your friend.....

M-C doesn't ship to Canada, so no, they arn't my friend :p

I got mine here. Good sorce of a lot of cool stuff.

Pegasus - Cushioned Metal Cable Clamp

That's the type I normally use for wiring harnesses (And similar). Just not certain about using them to hold a really hot piece of metal (coolant pipe).

I did some research and they may not be ideal - the normal rubber cushioned ones are only rated to 200*F.

I think I'd feel more comfortable with the 400*F ones - they're white in color.

MS21919WCH page 121

http://www.ecasinc.com/pdf/ECAS_Catalog_Final.pdf

edit: Although perhaps a better question is how hot the coolant pipes can get, assuming operating temperature range on the gauge is 180 to 210?

Last edited:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I did some research and they may not be ideal - the normal rubber cushioned ones are only rated to 200*F.

I think I'd feel more comfortable with the 400*F ones - they're white in color.

MS21919WCH page 121

http://www.ecasinc.com/pdf/ECAS_Catalog_Final.pdf

edit: Although perhaps a better question is how hot the coolant pipes can get, assuming operating temperature range on the gauge is 180 to 210?

ECAS catalog says MS21919WDG (non-silicone) clamps are good to 212 and they make big ones.

Under high flow in still or slow moving air I think the tubing will be just a few degrees cooler than the fluid. I also think that with the pressurized cooling system you have to assume temps higher than 212 are possible. Furthermore if that every happens you're probably too busy to deal with all your clamps melting at one time. :worried:

MS 21919WCH silicone clamps are cool; to bad they only go to 1-1/2"

One way out of this would be to use an oversize metal clamp lined with a short section of coolant hose.

Back