Interest wanted For July 2009 Santa Pod Day

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Good to see the interest building

I have ordered 20 tickets which get collected at the gate on the day.
This gives you paddock parking space which is the important thing at these events or you could end up sited out in the field somewhere
These will be assigned to those signing up here first

Everyone has to pay at the gate as usual (£15) and then sign on to run the car (£25) you need to produce your driving licence - you get an arm band and without this you cannot drive. So 2 drivers can share the same car but each have to sign on and pay the fee. (If you will be above 110 mph at the 1/4 you must wear a helmet)

More info is now up on site
Retro Show

See you there

Ian

Ian
I've checked with Santa Pod and they have confirmed that I'll be able to run my Noble in Class Y, so I hope you will be able to allocate me one of the 20 tickets.

Cheers.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hello All

Santa Pod is now predicting a big turnout for this event and would rather that the paddock tickets were not left at the front gate for collection as it causes too much congestion at the gate (as previously mentioned) and have forwarded the tickets to me for distribution.

So in order to get your car into the paddock instead of the fields please send me your name and preferred mail address and I will post the passes out. (I have 20 and would need to order more by 05 July)

Either send me an e mail on ian dot anderson7@virgin dot net
(Please do the necessary changes) or by pm to me here

Thanks guys

Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
This event is on next Sunday (12/07/2009)

Please read the Retro Show info and requirements if you want to get your car on the track

http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_retro.php

In summary

The pass is only to get you into the allocated GT40 site in the paddock

You will need to pay £15 each on the day entrance fee (£12 if you book in asvance) and £25 per driver for as many runs as your car will take!

Gates open at 8am

Car Registration and MOT
Driving licence for each driver (more than 1 can share a car}
Helmet if you will exit the 1/4 at over 110mph

I still have some paddock parking passes left if anyone else wants to come and join us - I expect about 10 - 12 cars based on ticket take up

If you want a paddock pass ticket please pm or e mail you address to me and I'll get one in the post

E mail is ian dot anderson7 at virgin dot net

Hopefully see lots more people next weekend with or without their GT's

Cheers
Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Weekend weather is not looking brilliant!

But that said it may be damp in the morning but drying later in the day

Hopefully the damp will not put off too many people

cheers
ian

A great day in the end - damp start and then heavy rain en-route up the M1.
A few troubles, my ac compressor bracket broke on the way there so a bit hot on the return journey and Ian had a engine mount rip apart on his first run - both fairly easy fixes.
My fastest time was a 12.8295 @ 110.58 mph running street tyres - I wanted to try and get into the 12's so just about made it.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks to all who made it up / down to the "Pod"

Dave Bilyk deserves a medal for driving down from Stirling to come play (About 350miles each way we reconed)

As Paul said I bust an engine mount on the first run - scary moment as the engine moved enough and the bell crank throttle snagged on the rear clip - Wide Open

Killed the ignition to coast down the track (Exited the 1/4 at 57mph after coasting fro about1/8 mile out!)

Slow and hot / muggy drive home

Thanks again - Perhaps organise another run out later in the year

Ian

My fastest time was a 12.8295 @ 110.58 mph running street tyres - I wanted to try and get into the 12's so just about made it.

Hey Paul, I thought you weren't going to bother collecting your times?!! An excellent result, nonetheless.
Whatever, a great day out after the damp start and very creditable performances by the GT40s (with one newbie exception - I even managed to start one run in reverse!):embarassed:.
Many thanks to Ian for organising the event and commiserations on the mechanical failure that prevented any after the first run.
Tony

Enclose a few photos from yesterday.
Tony trying to beat a Vauxhall, Paul up against Dave.

BTW Paul thought his time was good but the Jet car managed 265mph in 6.078 seconds.

Some way to go yet Paul!

Attachments

• P7127264 Tony Tree Mod.jpg
    P7127264 Tony Tree Mod.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 240
  • P7127258 Jet Tree Mod.jpg
    P7127258 Jet Tree Mod.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 229
  • P7127253 Jet Flame Mod.jpg
    P7127253 Jet Flame Mod.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 230
  • P7127203.jpg
    P7127203.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 242

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Just got back home at 5:30pm Monday, left my Dads at 11am and had a leisurely drive back. Odometer says I covered 814 miles if it is to be believed, every one a joy and no problems.

Thanks to Ian Anderson for organising, it was great to see you guys again and burn some rubber together.
Ian I hope you got home ok.

Paul B, I would love a full res pic of PDub and myself at the start if you could email to dbilyk at blueyonder dot co dot uk

regards
Dave

Back