Just bought a GT40 replica

The Hants/Berks/Oxon region of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club meets at the Bullington Cross Inn, at the junction of the A303 and A34, at 7.30 on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
You will be very welcome on 17 May, particularly if you bring your car.
There will also be a considerable presence at the K*T C*r Show at Stoneleigh on Sunday 1 May ONLY; last year there were 37 GT40s. We meet up at the Cherwell Services near J10 on the M40 at 0800 for breakfast, then arrive in strength. (Follow the car in front - it's also the only way I know to get there!).
For more detail, click here.

John,

Nice one. The car seems to have a fairly high mileage. That's not a bad thing with these cars, its means it's been used and any bugs/problems will have been long since ironed out.
have fun

Simon

The car was rebuilt in 2001 and currently has 15000 miles from the rebuild but it has 45000 miles from when it was made in South Africa

Forgot to say - I didn't pay any cash for the vehicle at all, my fiancé swapped her Ferrari 308 GTSi QV for the car (she wanted the GT40 instead of the Ferrari). I paid £26K for the Ferrari but was getting offers around £22K mark so I guess I kind of paid £25K (what the Ferrari is worth really) which seems fair I suppose as the GT40 has a decent spec with the 5.8 Ford V8 and the engine mods (still needs a little bit of cosmetic upgrades in my opinion though).

Chris Duncan

Supporter
"my fiancé swapped her Ferrari 308 GTSi QV for the car""

that's a good deal, it's quite a bit less for repairs and service work for the GT40 compared to a Ferrari.

Back