spacer.gif
v1_10.gif
t_article_01.jpg

<< Retour
v1_14.gif
v1_15.gif
spacer.gif
v1_16.gif
Le Mans24 Heures du Mans 2008 : la liste des sélectionnés d’officevendredi 16 novembre 2007 - 13h28Conformément au règlement ACO des 24 Heures, et compte tenu des classements finaux 2007 des 24 Heures du Mans, du championnat Le Mans Series, de l’épreuve Petit Le Mans, et des championnats American Le Mans Series et FIA GT, la Direction Sport de l’ACO a établi la liste des concurrents sélectionnés d’office pour participer à la Journée test des 24 Heures du Mans 2008, sous réserve que ces teams présentent leur engagement à l’ACO avec une voiture éligible dans le groupe désigné :

LM P1 :
AUDI SPORT NORTH AMERICA (1er 24 Heures du Mans)
AUDI SPORT NORTH AMERICA (1er ALMS et Petit Le Mans)
PEUGEOT TOTAL (2e 24 Heures du Mans)
PEUGEOT TOTAL (1er LMS)
PESCAROLO SPORT (2e LMS)
AUTOCON MOTORSPORT (2e ALMS)

LM P2 :
PENSKE RACING (1er ALMS)
PENSKE RACING (1er Petit Le Mans)
BINNIE MOTORSPORT (1er 24 Heures du Mans)
RML (1er LMS)
QUIFEL ASM (2e LMS)
BARAZI EPSILON SPORT (2e 24 Heures du Mans)

LM GT 1 :
CORVETTE RACING (1er Petit Le Mans)
CORVETTE RACING (2e 24 Heures du Mans)
ORECA (1er LMS)
LUC ALPHAND AVENTURES (2e LMS)
VITAPHONE (1er FIA GT)
ASTON MARTIN RACING (1er 24 Heures du Mans)
SCUDERIA PLAYTEAM SARAFREE (2e FIA GT)

LM GT 2 :
IMSA PERFORMANCE MATMUT (1er 24 Heures du Mans)
RISI COMPETIZIONE (2e 24 Heures du Mans)
RISI COMPETIZIONE (1er ALMS)
VIRGO MOTORSPORT (1er LMS)
FELBERMAYR-PROTON (2e LMS)
FLYING LIZARD MOTORSPORT (1er Petit Le Mans)
AF CORSE (1er FIA GT)
BMS SCUDERIA ITALIA (2e FIA GT)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Announcements : Audi Motorsport program for 2008 will be revealed by their boss Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich at 1400 hrs on Friday 30th at the Audi M/s stand in Hall 3 at the Essen Motorshow.
Here's what I think he will say:
It's supposed to be a secret until then but we know they will be at the 24h du Le Mans with the R10 (possibly 3 cars) and I think they should be running 2 x R10s in the L.M.S. series to compete with Peugeot. There will also be some of the important 'classic' races in the U.S.A.
The 4 D.T.M. teams will be announced at the same time for the 11 races in Europe, the first and last race here always at Hockenheim. (I think the following of DTM in Germany is now bigger than F1 and at the end of the day it's a better show).
Drivers will also be announced for the R10 program at the same time though I doubt there will be many suprises.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
See seperate detailed post about 2008 program.
Briefly : its 4 DTM teams to defend title, 3 R10's at 24h du Le Mans, R10 team in LMS(Joest) with 2 cars and R10 team in ALMS (Audi North America {Champion?]) with 2 cars. Joest will compete at Sebring as well.
So it means that Peugeot should announce a meaningful program as well now and run against the R10 in LMS, 24h du Le Mans and possibly Sebring.
Its the biggest ever comittment to motorsport that Audi have ever made.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, That's great - this time I'll really be there.
How is the Mallock going? Do you want me to drive it to Le Mans for you?
I could not bring it back straight away though as I stay in Europe for the following weekend at the French Gp in that shit awful place Magny Curse, and then on to deepest Bavaria for the DTM before coming back to Silverstone. If you want some miles on your Mallock, I could get it back by the British Gp?

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, That's great - this time I'll really be there.
How is the Mallock going? Do you want me to drive it to Le Mans for you?
I could not bring it back straight away though as I stay in Europe for the following weekend at the French Gp in that shit awful place Magny Curse, and then on to deepest Bavaria for the DTM before coming back to Silverstone. If you want some miles on your Mallock, I could get it back by the British Gp?

Hi Dave,

That's a very kind offer.

The Mallock is currently still at RML having the few last items from the snagging list rectified. Should be back just in time for the snow, so will then have to be tucked up in the [crowded - want to buy a GTD?] garage until Spring.

See you soon.

Best wishes,

Jim

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jim,
if it's too crowded , my 'outdoor' carcoon is tucked up in a box this winter if you want to use it. My car is away at the moment and I've said I don't really want it back for a while. The carcoon has no dehumidification though, contrary to some peoples thought on them , unless you want to stand a portable one inside but thats a boring job emptying it all the time.
Dave.

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jim,
if it's too crowded , my 'outdoor' carcoon is tucked up in a box this winter if you want to use it. My car is away at the moment and I've said I don't really want it back for a while. The carcoon has no dehumidification though, contrary to some peoples thought on them , unless you want to stand a portable one inside but thats a boring job emptying it all the time.
Dave.

Hi Dave,

Many thanks - now that really is a kind offer.

Both GT40's fit in the garage just fine - although manoeuvring the RML is a little tricky with its steering lock being so poor - but with both in there's simply not enough space to work. I've always kept the GTD as a dry car, and intend the same of the RML, so just moving one outside to create temporary working space will not be an option as the weather worsens.

I'll see how things pan out and may well get back to you on this one.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Jim

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
One of the really nice guys gets a Le Mans 24h and an LMS seat in 2008
:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Verstappen to Race Again in 2008

Jos Verstappen will contest the famous Le Mans 24 hour sports car race in 2008. Furthermore ,on Thursday, it was announced that Jos - who contested 107 grands prix, most recently for Minardi in 2003 - will race a Porsche RS Spyder prototype in the Le Mans Series for the Dutch team Van Merksteijn Motorsport.​

Back