Le Mans Classic 2012

:thumbsup:
Le Mans Clissic, check out the Club Web Site; all the latest info has just been posted. Grandstand Motor Sport (GMS) bookings now open.
Note; You must be a current 2012 Club Member to book;
1. The GMS Club discount
2. The Saturday club lunch
3. Park in the GT40 Club area, behind the main paddock
4. The Friday evening 1/2hr track laps on the full international Le Mans Circuit.

Information on the track laps to be posted soon.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Man I would love to ship my car over and attend this event! Please make sure someone is shooting plenty HD video for those of us who can't be there.

The De Tomaso gang currently has 30 campsites reserved (I think in Maison Blanche); we'll look forward to seeing you there!

Will we be able to roll in with you on your Friday night track laps as we did in 2010?

Dave Collins

Supporter
Hi,

I booked today, all I need to do now is get the car finished.

One point to note is that the GMS club discount level quoted in the last magazine appears to be incorrect and GMS advised me that it is the 5% level which I see is stated on the web site documentation.

Dave

Dave,
Ref this post;-

" One point to note is that the GMS club discount level quoted in the last magazine appears to be incorrect and GMS advised me that it is the 5% level which I see is stated on the web site documentation."

You are correct & the error is all mine, appologies but I wrote the first information sheet before GMS had finalised their pricing, I didn't check & Tony copied this for the Mag. This was corrected on the latest info sheet.

Dave Collins

Supporter
David,

No problem. Just pointing this out in case any other members were just going off the mag and were not double checking the lastest info.

Thanks to you and all club members involved in setting up deal with GMS. I have always found them good to deal with and booking was trouble free.

Dave

I've checked the club website and see the GMS offer.
But, I'm from the Netherlands and not interested in a package including a boat or train crossing.
I do want to join the club at the site with infield parking.
What is the best way to go? How to arrange the infield parking with the rest of you? The hotel and what else needs to be sorted?

Geert-Jan

I've checked the club website and see the GMS offer.
But, I'm from the Netherlands and not interested in a package including a boat or train crossing.
I do want to join the club at the site with infield parking.
What is the best way to go? How to arrange the infield parking with the rest of you? The hotel and what else needs to be sorted?

Geert-Jan

Click here to see latest details.
Check the above link & others for information you seek on theClub website;
www.gt40enthusiastsclub.com

But you must join the club first before being able to use club facilities & make club bookings; details on the website.
Also talk to Debbie at Grandstand Motor sports as they can taylor make a package for the parts you require.(e.g. No boat crossing)
To phone Tel: 0845 375 0300 / + 44 116 231 1222

David.
Club Secretary.

Geert Jan,

Not sure yet if I can join this year but the friday eve run is simply the best time I had with my GT40.Simply a must do if you did not have the chance to attend this weekend event.

I may try to organize something for the Benelux GT40 guys with Emiel, but the best thing is to book via Grandstand motor for local arrangement including friday eve track time and weekend presence with GT40 parking just next to paddock.

Keep you posted.

Rgds
Fred

GJ,
Sorry when you wrote "I want to join the club", I am thinking you wish to become a member instead of 'joining all the guys at LMC'.
Sometimes I'm just an idiot!!.
Hope the booking goes well.

David.

Just a word of caution here- the club are still waiting from the French organisers to confirm the availability of the Friday evening track session. Dick Townsend & I spoke with the coordinator from Peter Autos at length, during the NEC Classic & Sportscar Show in November and the session was agreed in principle. However, they are keen for the GT40 Enthusiasts Club to also have members attending the Spa Classic in May 2012, where open track sessions will be available between the racing, but as yet, the club has not received any advertising material from those same organisers, Peter Autos.

As with previous years, the organisers of the LMC might keep us hanging on until the last minute, but it is hoped to get plenty of GT40s, Ford GTs, 289 Cobras and DeTomasos on track at Le Mans for Friday evening laps of this most historic venue. The club will need to receive the £270.00 before the end of January 2012, as payment is required in full by Peter Autos. Naturally, all monies will be carefully banked, and should things not work out as we hope, then everyone will be refunded. I don't want to cause alarm, but put everyone in the picture i.e. delicate negotiations are still ongoing with Peter Autos.. Chairman Andrew

The De Tomaso gang currently has 30 campsites reserved (I think in Maison Blanche); we'll look forward to seeing you there!

Will we be able to roll in with you on your Friday night track laps as we did in 2010?

Sorry Mike.. your post got lost in the other threads. Gautier Rosignol, the French organiser, is allowing GT40s, Ford GTs, Cobras and Panterras. You and your friends are more than welcome to join in on the Friday evening's track session, as long as you belong to either the GT40 Enthusiasts Club or the French DeTomaso clubs. Please look at GT40 Enthusiasts Club - Front Page Otherwise, those with Cobras should be a member of either the GT40 EC or 289 Register. Gautier is not permitting any other make/model.. although a Lola might be able to be squeezed in. I hope this clarfies the position.. Andrew (Chairman)

Mike, I see no one has answered your question so I made an enquiry; the short answer is Yes, I beleive so, but you will have to talk to the folk who organised the 2010 track time for the De Tomas's; was it the French De Tomas Club?

Back