Lotus un1 gearbox to Porche boxster update

Firstly may i introduce myself

My name is Paul and i am from a small own in the UK called Hawarden.

I have owned my Lotus Esprit for the last 10 years and have decided to add some more power .......I have just bought a 4.6 cobra mustang which i have fitted a Eaton M112 supercharger to.

The car was originally fitted with a Renault UN1 gearbox but i would like to replce this with a Porsche Boxster 6 speed item ( a g86 ithink).

My quetions are

1. Is it possible to machine the Porsche flywheel to fit the 4.6 ford engine
2. How would I adapt the UN1 drive shafts to fit the Boxster gearbox
3. Is ther any reason that i could not drill and tap the engine to accept the boxster gearbox???
4. Does the starter motor bolt to the gearbox or the engine in a boxster as to keep things simple i would prefere to use this along with the boxster clutch.

any help would be appreicated.
( Hope you dont mind a non gt40 question )

Thanks paul

In most cases, you can do anything. It all depends on how much money you want to throw at it.
I would probably machine up a new billet flywheel to suit.
The driveshafts - make new axles up to fit the Renault CV on the wheel end, and to suit the Porsche CV on the other end.
I dont think just a 'drill and tap' will join the engines together. You will have to make an adapter plate.
You will have to get the parts together first, and then see how you are going to fit everything.
As I said, nothing that cant be done without several days of thought and a big cheque book.

Back