Need actual tire measurement please!

hi guys, I'm referencing a tire chart and trying to determine what size tire to buy for my project (actually a '64 vette) and getting the tire width right is critical due to my backspacing limitations. I'm looking at 295/50/15's rear (Avon) and 245/60/15 front (Avon).
Based upon some BFG 235/60/15 and 235/70/15 that are on the car now and their physical measurements, I'm concerned that the specific tire chart I'm referencing may be conservatively on the narrow side of actual.

Can somebody please physically measure their tires if they match the Avon's I'm looking at and let me know the section width (total) and bulge width (tire most outer point to outer flange lip on wheel). For reference, I measured with the wheel and tire laying flat on the ground and a straight edge across the tire on top. measured from straight edge to ground and from straight edge to outer edge of wheel flange/lip.

Also please let me know if you have them mounted on 15x10" wheels or not.

Thanks so much,
mikey

thanks.. the info in that sheet matches the source i was looking at for Avon CR6ZZ 295/50/15.. Hopefully somebody can validate the info with a physical measurement..

Since it lists section width at 12.2 inches on a 9 inch rim, would you expect this value to decrease if mounted on a 10 inch rim?

I measured a section width of 10.1" on a 235/60/15 mounted on an 8" wide rim and see the Avon CR6ZZ 245/60/15 supposedly has a section width of only 9.6" on a 7.5" wide rim.. maybe it's a manufacturer difference between same "sizes", don't know, but if my tires come in 1/2" wider than expected, I might have a problem with fitment!

Mark Reid RCR has the 295/50/15 Avon's according to the chart you posted, maybe he'll see this and take a measurement for me to verify!

Thanks for the help,
Mike

The only thing i measured once is the thread width.

The 295 on a 10" wheel had 255 mm.
The 215 on a 8 inch wheel had 185 mm.

My assumption would be that on the 10 wheel the section width will slightly increase or stay the same.

If you look for a classic sectioned tire the Avon is great. I looked for thread width so choosed the pirellis 225 front and 345 rear.

What about Hossier Vintage tires ?

TOM

Back