New member - Melbourne, Australia

Hello there. Matt from Melbourne, Australia. thanks for accepting me into the group. I have thought about building a GT40 on and off over many years and have now started proper research into which approach, kit etc...... I might go for. Intended use would be road use, club car. I want to build an accurate looking Mk1 with 15" wheels, 302, 8 stack and proper road car interior like the 7 or so cars that were made like that. I am trying to work out which kit would best achieve that result.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Matt. Please review the various build logs on the forum. There are differences between each and every kit, and making your build one of a kind will be fulfilling. I have never heard of the New Zeland manufacture you inquired about. Do not part with ANY of your hard earned money until you can see their products. The first generation of Roaring Forties in Australia left many people out of a lot of money. It appears Robert is back at building cars again, but I don’t know what the current name of his business is. Do your homework and ask plenty of questions.
Enjoy the forum.

Regards Brian

Hi Matt,

I'm also in Melbourne. Scratch building.
I still need to have a good chat with an engineer about what i am doing, so I cant answer some of the questions.
If you want 15" wheels, you will need to speak with the companies, as when I started not many were supporting 15" wheels, let alone wire spoke versions.

Ruote Borrani Wheels | Ruote Borrani

Maybe see if you can get the wheels still and then work back from there.
The early MK I road cars had some distinct changes from the later cars as the body shape evolved.
rear lights, nostril panel width at edge, size and shape of the wheel arches, vents across the top of the roof, position and type of lights in lower part of the nose just to name a few.
Then there is the changes that were introduced with the KVA molds that are prevalent in the replica community. Some companies have corrected and reversed some of these.

Welcome to the madness.

Ryan

Back