Remember when?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Ok, go on....
You're gonna tell me you've kept all your receipts since then...
lol.

LOL, too, Charlie!

No, but I do specifically remember the price because in my small town we did not have to pay out of pocket for gas, the service station (which was attached to a large grain storage operation) just maintained an "account" for everyone and we all got a monthly statement from which we paid. It was my first gasoline purchase and for a 16 year old who is car crazy that's an important rite of passage...just one of the unimportant, mundane items that my memory seems to have grabbed onto like a steel trap!

Wish I could get the more recent memories to "stick" as well, but at my age.....well, let's just say the plasticity of the brain is significantly compromised, OK?

Cheers!

Doug

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Doug,

Those were the days. A gas account. Now it's forecourt cctv.
Reminds me of a conversation recently. I partially grew up ( whooa, that sounds wrong, lol ) in a small country town. We used to meet up in the country at weekends, recently modded Mini Coopers etc, to try them out down country lanes. Can't do it now.... Too many people have arrived over the last 30 + years.
Forecourt account..... those days are sadly long gone.

Doug,

Those were the days. A gas account. Now it's forecourt cctv.
Reminds me of a conversation recently. I partially grew up ( whooa, that sounds wrong, lol ) in a small country town. We used to meet up in the country at weekends, recently modded Mini Coopers etc, to try them out down country lanes. Can't do it now.... Too many people have arrived over the last 30 + years.
Forecourt account..... those days are sadly long gone.

Yes, sadly.

Back