Roberts RCR 40 MK II

This is to tell you a little about the next RCR 40 in germany.

We sold a RCR40 in MK II spec to Robert. Car will be built at RCR

SPEC:

RCR 40 De LUxe Plus Mark II
LHD
Red with white stripes
Keith Craft Racing 408 (575 Hp; 550 lbs/ft)
4 bbl 780 cfm Quickfuel carb
Oilcooler
Accusump
Porsche G64 (996 Turbo) 6 Speed with LSD
Oilcooled
RCR EUROPE GT2 Performance CLutch Set up
17" Hallibrands
Nitto NT01 315/35 rear and 235/45 front
+2" Track rear
Nascar style swaybars front and rear
6 point rollcage
Lifeline Zero 360 3 kg FIA Gas fire supression system
originalstyle rearframe

Robert ,Fran and me are working very close on the spec from the beginning. Little has been changed from the point we ordered ( added Accusump and fire extinguishing system.

Car will be result of all the knowledge within RCR USA and RCR Europe combined.

Plan is to have it ready to be delivered in July 2010.

I personally like this spec very much. THis will be a fine high performing (read superfast:drunk:) car, which will be also very streetable ( sort of :thumbsup:) due to engine, clutch and gearbox specification.

I will tell you more in details as the build goes on.

TOM

Last edited:
THis is Roberts MK II´s gearbox setup:

G96/50:
  • converted to 2 WD
  • LSD equipped
  • oil cooler adaptation
  • 6 speed
  • strong 9" ring and pinion
Whith his engine, a 4 speed 930 would be plenty, but he likes to shift and preferes the newer technology. The ratios are perfect for his 408, with a max RPM of 6250. Check the gear chart attached and pay attention to the low rpm drops as of 2 gear. THe 1st is a nice ratio for heavy traffic.

Here are pictures of the gearbox mocked up on my car. It fits nice and is as short as the G50 / 03 / 03 / 05 and has the advantage of already beeing sideshifted.
PICT3997.jpg

PICT3998.jpg

Clutch Setup is the same as on my car:
  • RCR EUROPE/S-Performance flywheel (5kg)
  • Sachs Performance pressure plate
  • Sachs Performance friction plate
  • Porsche release bearing
  • good for around 670 NM with the torsion dampened organic friction plate ( upgrade to 740 NM up to 1000 NM possible)
  • 2 Kw Race Starter with planetary gear drive and inline solenoid ( no space and fitting issues
PICT4005.jpg

PICT4006.jpg

Porsche996GT3.jpg

TOM

Attachments

• GearSpeedCalculatorg9650.xls
    36 KB · Views: 294
ROBERTS MKII ENGINE

We wanted to be as close to the original power characteristic but without the weight of a big block. So we went with a 351 SB bored and stroked to 408. We did not go all the way to a 427 and followed Frans reco for an 408 with still thicker cylinder walls . THe engine was built by KEITH CRAFT

Here is the spec:
408 SBF Street/Performance Crate Engine -
> Horsepower: 565 hp
> Torque: 550 ft/lbs
> Block: Fully Machined and Prepped Dart Sportsman Block Black
> Crankshaft: Scat or Eagle 4340 Steel Crankshaft
> Stroke: 4.000"
> Connecting Rods: Eagle H-Beam 6.250"
> Pistons: Mahle 4.030"
> Timing Chain: Ford Motorsport Double Roller
> Camshaft: Comp Cams Custom Grind Hyd Roller
> Lifters: Ford Motorsport Hyd Roller
> Cylinder Heads: CNC AFR 205
> Valves: SI One Piece Stainless 2.08/1.6
> Rocker Arms: Scorpion 1.6 Roller
> Intake: Edelbrock Victor Jr
> Waterpump: Ford Racing Reverse Aluminum Serpentine pulley
> Carburetor: Quick Fuel 780cfm Vacuum Secondaries Electric Choke
> Valve Covers: Ford Racing w/Breathers
> Wire Looms: Smoothie
> Oil Pump: Melling High Volume
> Oil Pan: Canton Road Race
> Balancer: Pioneer SFI serpentine pulley
> Ignition: MSD Distributor w/Keith Craft Logo Moroso Plug Wires
>
> Gaskets: Felpro
> Fasteners: ARP
> Compression: 10.5:1
> Fuel: Premium Unleaded Only
> Firing Order: 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8
> Timing: 35 Degrees @ Full Advance
> Oil: 10w-30 or 40 Non-Synthetic for Break-In
> Max RPM: 6250
> Dyno: Complete Test and Tune on SF902 Dyno

This spec should give us a reliable, low maintainance big power engine.
The engine was shipped out this week in time and delivered this performance on the dyno:

dynochart40schwab.jpg

dynograph408schwab.jpg

it was running a little on the lean side ,but Keith said that this is due to the dyno setup and with the correct exhaust in the car it will be perfect.
To say the least we are very please with the result and the service received by Keith and Shelly. Engine built exactly to spec with the perfomance achieved which was promised and built in time.
Thanks for that

her a picture of this beauty
KCR408.jpg

TOM

FIrst Start of KCR 408 in RCR40 MKII

This is the start up vid of Roberts 408 in his RCR 40 MkII. Despite the gremlin that i had disconnected the iginition power wire earlier that they, the engine fired immediately after this was fixed. The electrical choke was disabled for this start.
It runned nice and sounded very healthy. Robert only used to his GT3 engine was very supprised how a big lump like that could rev that quick.

YouTube - ROBERTS RCR40 GT40 MK II - First start

Frans team did a great job on that installation

Thanks

TOM

Nothing personal here but,......

HOLY CRAP!! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT PAN!!

I am assuming that THAT pan was not used in the car? That things gotta be over six inches tall!

I recognize that Ford Racing Waterpump. Caution on its internals they're fragile! When I called Ford Racing about my two failures I was told by their rep. that this particular w/p was really only made for "cruising" and was not really suitable for racing. They had also advised they had received no reported problems but if you read some of those that responded to my thread I was not alone. Otherwise a beautiful engine going in a stunning car. Good Luck.

Nothing personal here but,......

HOLY CRAP!! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT PAN!!

I am assuming that THAT pan was not used in the car? That things gotta be over six inches tall!

6 inches is not to tall a AVIAD GT40 pan is 6 1/2 inch tall.
This one is 8" and of course it was used on this car, Fits perfect. It is the gearbox defining the engine installation height. The only way to install it lower is with a ZF.The oilpan is flush with the unterbody of the chassis.

this car will be raced, so we added an ACCUSUMP as well

TOM

TOM

Here are some Pics Robert did, when we where at RCR in December 2010

IMG_6972.jpg

IMG_6970.jpg

IMG_6974.jpg

IMG_6976.jpg

IMG_6977.jpg

IMG_6945.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

Robert loved all the great details Frans team did ( just look at the rear center vent scoop, the vents in the b pillars for the fuel pumps, originalstyle battery cover or the original sized rear frame)
In the meantime the car is much more progressed and almost ready to deliver

Will post pics asap

TOM

I'll post some updated pictures of the mkII soon.

Yes, that's a 904 rep, with an aluminum/carbon chassis, billet arms/uprights, new caymen S drivetrain, leather interior...

Yes, that's a 904 rep, with an aluminum/carbon chassis, billet arms/uprights, new caymen S drivetrain, leather interior...
mmmm nice ride too, love the Beck 904 too, some have a lot power with just so little weight to play with, I gues your? 904 will be even a bit lighter?
specs?? :D

Back