RR 44 For Sale

RF 44 For Sale

After a lot of soul searching over the last few months, I have come to the conclusion that there are just not enough hours in the day to dedicate to building a GT 40.

The car was bought as a complete kit from RF by Ron Earp and I bought it from him about a year and a half ago. The car comes as a full rolling chassis. The body is mounted and the doors and the front and rear clip fit perfectly with the weather stripping installed. It has a leather dash with Smiths instruments and leather seats as well. It comes with Hilibrand pin drive wheels and Dunlop SP 8000 tires, P 205/55-ZR 16 in the front and
P 55/50ZR 16 rear.

Work done on the car so far include:

Almost all of the paneling is complete. Only a few pieces in the engine compartment remain, but come with the car. Ron did a super job on the paneling.

Brake and clutch lines are run.
A/C lines mounted as well as most of the rest of the system.
Pedals mounted
Radiator, horn, wiper bottle mounted.
Gauges are installed in the dash and I'm presently wiring them up with the latest up to date wiring harness from RF. (long story there...) The dash has been mounted but now removed until the wiring is done.
Seats have been mounted.
Steering column mounted.
Shifter mounted.
Headlights mounted.
Tail lights cut out.
NACA ducts cut out
Gas caps mounted and hooked to the tanks.
Door latches and handles mounted and working.
Body locating pins mounted.
Body latches installed and adjusted.
Rear window mounted.
Headlight and driving light lenses cut and fit.
Dzus fasteners installed. (wish Richard would send the tabs we ordered for them...)
I had VIN # plates made from a forum member and they are a work of art. I actually have them framed and hanging on the wall in my garage. They are to nice to tuck away and not enjoy.
Clutch and flywheel supplied by RF. The flywheel will have to be balanced to your motor.
Adapter plate supplied by RF.
Throw out bearing.
RF supplied shifter linkage and parts needed to convert the 016 to RHS.
All safety glass for the front and rear clip.
Side windows (lexan I believe)
I have the exhaust system that I got from Ron. As I understand it, someone made a number of these exhaust system and did not do a satisfactory job. I found the system from the collectors back to be unusable so I cut it off at that point. The bundle of snakes themselves really fit quite well so all you need to do is get 2 new collectors and 2 round mufflers of your choice and WALLA, your done with the exhaust.

I have an 016 that comes with the car as well. I bought it with the intention of sending it to GTA for a rebuild, LSD and the R&P that is due in any time now. I split the transmission in order to look inside to see what I had and it looks like brand new inside. I have pictures of that as well. I also have a 302 roller block that comes with the car. It is a standard bore and could easily be machined. Even if you do not use it, it is nice to have it to mock everything up before you put in your big bucks engine and scratch it all up.

Anyway, that's it. I'm asking $41,000.00 which I feel is a good deal if you look at what your getting and what stage its in. And best of all, NO WAITING!

Shoot me an e-mail [email protected] or P/M here if interested.

Last edited:
Dan sorry to se your selling

Hi Dan , sorry to see your selling. It has been allot of fun chatting on the phone for the past year about our cars, RF , the forum , etc..
Maybe someday you can pic up a CAV or something and try out owning a GT again. I hope we can keep in touch and can finally get together someday for a few beers .

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Dan,

I hate to see you selling as well. But, I know how things change and flow with respect to free time and being able to juggle life with hobbies. Heck, I'd love to have the thing back for round two now that I've got some time, but I've a Lola coming that I wish to complete to get some morale back with respect to GT40s and building cars.

The car you have should be good and complete with what you are offering and will have much better body fit than it had when it left my place. If someone wanted a complete kit to which they can add some paint, sanding, and engine this would probably do the trick. You might want to put some pictures up on the post and if you need some help with that don't hesitate to email me.

Best,
Ron

Hey Dan,

I have also really enjoyed speaking to you. We sure covered a lot more territory than GT 40's! I look forward to hoisting a few brews as well.

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your help and support with the car. I hate to see it go put its the right thing to do for now.

I promise that I will put together some pictures tomorrow on Photobucket and post a link here.

Gotta run, I'm off to my granddaughters dance recital!

RF 44 has been SOLD!. The new owner picked it up late yesterday evening. It was kind of hard to watch it get loaded on the trailer and be driven off.

There was quite a bit of interest in the car. I only advertised here and got 8 inquiries. with 2 offers plus the buyer. Thanks to everyone who inquired for your interest. I think it's safe to say you guys have not seen the last of RF 44!!!

Well please excuse me now as I begin my search for something that actually RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mark,

I really don't want to reveal the price, but lets just say that the RF's cars have not lost ANY of their value.

congrats dan on the sale

Hey Dan , good job.Glad it worked out well for you. I will try and drop you a ring this weekend. Tomorrow I am heading out to Hallett for the Shelby meet.

Back