Scary stuff

I imagine that the left will say that the republicans somehow influence Pravda!

This WAS printed in Pravda, check out Snopes below. It's scary stuff!

The irony of this article appearing in the English edition of Pravda (Russian Newspaper) defies description.

American capitalism gone with a whimper - Pravda.Ru

American capitalism gone with a whimper

It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American descent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people.

True, the situation has been well prepared on and off for the past century, especially the past twenty years. The initial testing grounds was conducted upon our Holy Russia and a bloody test it was. But we Russians would not just roll over and give up our freedoms and our souls, no matter how much money Wall Street poured into the fists of the Marxists.

Those lessons were taken and used to properly prepare the American populace for the surrender of their freedoms and souls, to the whims of their elites and betters.

First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture, rather then the classics. Americans know more about their favorite TV dramas then the drama in DC that directly affects their lives. They care more for their "right" to choke down a McDonalds burger or a BurgerKing burger than for their constitutional rights. Then they turn around and lecture us about our rights and about our "democracy". Pride blind the foolish.

Then their faith in God was destroyed, until their churches, all tens of thousands of different "branches and denominations" were for the most part little more then Sunday circuses and their televangelists and top protestant mega preachers were more then happy to sell out their souls and flocks to be on the "winning" side of one pseudo Marxist politician or another. Their flocks may complain, but when explained that they would be on the "winning" side, their flocks were ever so quick to reject Christ in hopes for earthly power. Even our Holy Orthodox churches are scandalously liberalized in America ..

The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama.. His speed in the past three months has been truly impressive. His spending and money printing has been a record setting, not just in America 's short history but in the world. If this keeps up for more then another year, and there is no sign that it will not, America at best will resemble the Wiemar Republic and at worst Zimbabwe.

These past two weeks have been the most breath taking of all. First came the announcement of a planned redesign of the American Byzantine tax system, by the very thieves who used it to bankroll their thefts, loses and swindles of hundreds of billions of dollars. These make our Russian oligarchs look little more then ordinary street thugs, in comparison. Yes, the Americans have beat our own thieves in the shear volumes. Should we congratulate them?

These men, of course, are not an elected panel but made up of appointees picked from the very financial oligarchs and their henchmen who are now gorging themselves on trillions of American dollars, in one bailout after another. They are also usurping the rights, duties and powers of the American congress (parliament). Again, congress has put up little more then a whimper to their masters.

Then came Barack Obama's command that GM's (General Motor) president step down from leadership of his company.That is correct, dear reader, in the land of "pure" free markets, the American president now has the power, the self given power, to fire CEOs and we can assume other employees of private companies, at will. Come hither, go dither, the centurion commands his minions..

So it should be no surprise, that the American president has followed this up with a "bold" move of declaring that he and another group of unelected, chosen stooges will now redesign the entire automotive industry and will even be the guarantee of automobile policies.. I am sure that if given the chance, they would happily try and redesign it for the whole of the world, too. Prime Minister Putin, less then two months ago, warned Obama and UK 's Blair, not to follow the path to Marxism, it only leads to disaster.Apparently, even though we suffered 70 years of this Western sponsored horror show, we know nothing, as foolish, drunken Russians, so let our "wise" Anglo-Saxon fools find out the folly of their own pride.

Again, the American public has taken this with barely a whimper...but a "freeman" whimper.

So, should it be any surprise to discover that the Democratically controlled Congress of America is working on passing a new regulation that would give the American Treasury department the power to set "fair" maximum salaries, evaluate performance and control how private companies give out pay raises and bonuses? Senator Barney Franks, a social pervert basking in his homosexuality (of course, amongst the modern, enlightened American societal norm, as well as that of the general West, homosexuality is not only not a looked down upon life choice, but is often praised as a virtue) and his Marxist enlightenment, has led this effort. He stresses that this only affects companies that receive government monies, but it is retroactive and taken to a logical extreme, this would include any company or industry that has ever received a tax break or incentive.

The Russian owners of American companies and industries should look thoughtfully at this and the option of closing their facilities down and fleeing the land of the Red as fast as possible. In other words, divest while there is still value left.

The proud American will go down into his slavery with out a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world, how free he really is. The world will only snicker.

Stanislav Mishin© 1999-2009. «PRAVDA.Ru». When reproducing our materials in whole or in part, hyperlink to PRAVDA.Ru should be made. The opinions and views of the authors do not always coincide with the point of view of PRAVDA..Ru'ssia

Origins: The item referenced above is indeed taken from the text of an editorial (entitled "American Capitalism Gone with a Whimper") by Stanislav Mishin, which was published by the Russian-language Pravda news site on 27 April 2009.

The URL for this page is snopes.com: American Capitalism Gone with a Whimper

I read that the day it came out. English Pravda is a fine source of information. It is refreshing to read news that has not been pre approved by the Whitehouse.........

Like I said before Al in another of your threads, I don't pay attention to the tv news and print news. It is all biased...much like talk radio. Everyone has an agenda and I am tired of being force feed what to think - much like these recent threads that are political in nature. Why the hell would I care what some dude that lives in Russia thinks of our political system. HE LIVES IN RUSSIA! Maybe he is already biased against our lifestyle. I am not spending my energy trying to defend it (lifestyle) either. Why the hell would anyone care what I think (other than my wife and dog)?

You see, it turns out I am a Centrist.

I try to find positive things in my life to think about. After all, I could be dead tomorrow.

Respectfully,
Mike

You are right Spyder, you have the right to put your head under a rock, live your life as you please, and have faith that everything will be OK. At least you do for now.

Let me ask you this though. If you, and I, and everyone else had that attitude, that government and individual politicians would do the right thing and everything would be OK no matter what we thought or did, how long do you think it would be until the government took advantage of our beliefs and siezed the power of the people for themselves?

It's happening. Things are out of balance. We must act to stop it and return to balance.

Sure every writter is biased by his experiences and perspectives, but that doesn't mean that everyone does not have a point or an opinion that is based on some facts. Picking through all the "propaganda", deciding what is true and fact and voicing our opinion is not only our right, but our duty as a responsible citizen in a Democratic Republic.

Just sitting back, taking what the government sends our way, and not paying attention or voicing our opinion will only lead to further loss of our freedoms.

Seeing what a foreigner thinks and feels towards the US and is willing to print is very interesting to me. Doesn't mean that I whole heartedly agree with it. Doesn't mean that he/she is absolutely right. It just means that I like to try and look at issues from all kinds of perspectives. Yours, mine, the Russians, and many others.

Just my opinion, of course.:)

You are right Spyder, you have the right to put your head under a rock, live your life as you please, and have faith that everything will be OK.

Why if I didn't know better Crash, I would think you were inferring that I have my head under a rock, and it's just because I don't get my news the way you do. That certainly isn't right. These type of "pass it along" opinion threads are like the joke emails my Dad sends me with a tag "thought you might like this". He doesn't create it, it takes very little energy to pass it on, and it makes him feel like he has brightened someone's day.

You are right, I live my life as I please - the American way. You are jumping to a conclusion if you think that I have faith that everything will be OK. That conclusion is wrong. What I am saying is, I don't feel everyone needs to hear my opinion or see it my way. I do not think posting this kind of dribble (the thread) on a GT40 enthusiast website counts much for "taking a stand" and "making a difference".

Let me ask you this though. If you, and I, and everyone else had that attitude, that government and individual politicians would do the right thing and everything would be OK no matter what we thought or did, how long do you think it would be until the government took advantage of our beliefs and siezed the power of the people for themselves?

It's happening. Things are out of balance. We must act to stop it and return to balance.

If you are talking about an attitude of indifference, I agree with you.

However, "things" have been out of balance for some time...in my estimation, my whole lifetime, and even before my existance. I think it is the nature of this earth filled with people. You know, the government who are elected by people is staffed by people who impose their will on people.

When in your estimation has this country been "in balance"? I do not feel personally threatened by it - the imbalance. I guess others do. You would think after a few thousand years of civilization, the world would be more, well, civilized. But it isn't.

The last administration certainly threatened our way of life, and yet some of us managed to live through it. And the administration before it, and the one before that, ad nauseum.

Sure every writter is biased by his experiences and perspectives, but that doesn't mean that everyone does not have a point or an opinion that is based on some facts. Picking through all the "propaganda", deciding what is true and fact and voicing our opinion is not only our right, but our duty as a responsible citizen in a Democratic Republic.

Agreed. However, knowing the writer's bias does put perspective on the written piece, doesn't it? For example, if you would have googled the author's name an found out more about him, you would have found from his personal blog that he has this written in his profile:

"These words are not my own, I do not have the honour of claiming them.

Thus, it is quite obvious that we, the Russian people are not, have never been, nor ever shall be, a part of the West.

Thank God – we are Russians!

We can well coexist with the West peacefully and profitably. We can even make friends with you, but please do neither lecture us, nor interfere with our affairs. Amen. "

and this

"Whosoever shall come to us with the sword shall perish by it. Upon this stood and stands the land of Russia". St Prince Alexander Nevsky, in the 13th century"

and a nice piece called "The Modern West, a Culture of Death". Oh, and his current blog is about the mullet coming back.

See my point. I mentionend that he might have biases against the USA, and in my mind he does. He is not a reporter as reference to Pravda might suggest - he is an opinionated Russian blogger.

Just sitting back, taking what the government sends our way, and not paying attention or voicing our opinion will only lead to further loss of our freedoms.

Posting on a GT40 enthusiasts website certainly isn't going to change it. Nor do I belive it is a good place to start. Nor is it any indication of whether a person is engaged actively or not. To each their own.

Seeing what a foreigner thinks and feels towards the US and is willing to print is very interesting to me. Doesn't mean that I whole heartedly agree with it. Doesn't mean that he/she is absolutely right. It just means that I like to try and look at issues from all kinds of perspectives. Yours, mine, the Russians, and many others.

Interesting isn't it, the progress we have made? 55 years ago Seator McCarthy would have pegged someone with such an open mind as a Communist. 25 years ago, during the cold war, probably the same. Last administration, I recall reading about how the US didn't need to hear the opinions of Europeans, but today it is okay! Maybe we are becoming civilized after all!

By the way. What SNOPES also mentions, down in the fine print, is that the PRAVDA that you think you are referring to, is long gone. Once the official voice of Soviet Communism, it has been out of print since 1991. The PRAVDA that this blogger posted on is a Russian Tabloid style news outlet started in 1999. Here is the link - you can read this guys blog on it as well as read about Russian Pop Star Anna Semonovich. Here is the link:

American capitalism gone with a whimper - Pravda.Ru

Just my opinion, of course.:)

As this is mine.

No disrespect here Crash, you just jerked my chain inferring my head is under a rock. You see, I am an Mathmatician/Physicist/Engineer by schooling. I like facts and details. I do research. Your post got me off my ass and made me dig a little deeper. thanks.

peace,
Mike

Last edited:
And you don't think that US news is slanted to what they want us to know? You learn a lot more by reading Euopean news.

Do blogs really represent "news"? Aren't we headed towards more opinionated blogs than journalistic fact? It sure seems that way - follow the money.

Last edited:
Spyder- I have the same attitude as you....I think. That's why I don't care if it comes from a GT40 thread, a FAUX News blog, or a MoveOn website, so long as I am searching for the truth, at least as I see it, then the motivating source really makes no difference. I didn't mean to push you around or anything, but it just sounded like you had given up thinking that your opinion mattered. It does matter. Thanks for not going ballistic.

Wars are about killing people and kickin' ass. If the culture is not willing to do that, they should mind there own business. It seems that a great many pols don't understand this and subscribe to the theories of "turn the other cheek" or " can't we all just get along". We have some great fighting units and some well trained people. Unfortunately our pols want to be the generals. If it is worth fighting for, it's worth fighting to win. If you aren't going to fight to win, get out!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
+ 1 Bud, whenever Politicians get involved they worry more about votes than winning, with the possible exception of the Israelis.

Back