Signed, Leather Bound, 77 of 200 - The Ford that beat Ferrari

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

Seller says:
Special Leather Bound Signed/Numbered Collectors Edition of "THE FORD THAT BEAT FERRARI" Written by John Allen and Gordon Jones. Haynes Publishing, 2005. Hardcover. Condition: Book is New in a New Slip Case. This is a "SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION" Leather Bound, Signed and Numbered copy of the great Ford GT40 racing history. This copy is Number 77 of 200 copies produced for this special edition. It is bound in beautiful full dark blue leather with silver foil lettering protected in a silver cloth covered slip case. Signed by both authors John Allen, Gordon Jones and the famous French Racing Driver Jackie Ickx.

Openers = $400.00 Buy It Now = $450.00

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
I'm the guilty party :eek: When I saw that it had been autographed by Jacky Ickx, I told the wife that Father's Day was coming early this year....

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
cribbj said:
I'm the guilty party :eek: When I saw that it had been autographed by Jacky Ickx, I told the wife that Father's Day was coming early this year....

Way to go, John. Next time you're in town please drop me a line--yet another reason to get to know you in person.

Doug

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Will do Doug, BTW, another Ltd edition of this book is available on Amazon for half the price:

Amazon.com: The Ford That Beat Ferrari-Limited Edition-A Racing History of the GT40: Books: John Allen

No mention of it being in the slip case, but one buyer's review confirmed that this is indeed the signed edition (also confirmed by the ISBN number) and Gordon Jones' comments below.

For those curious about the various editions of this book you can get the information "from the horse's mouth" and read Gordon Jones' comments here: Atlas F1 Bulletin Board - A place to say something about books

Scroll about halfway down to Gordon's post on 5 September 2005, or simply do a search for the word "Ford"

Back