SL-C Motor Fitment Check - new GM GenV LT2 ?

So i've been calling various engine builders getting quotes on LS3/LS7 builds, and as everyone knows LS3 blocks are severely backlogged right now. In conversation with a guy from MAST, we started chatting about their newer LT2 based LST crate. Specs are great but I'm not sure if it would fit in a SL-C. Not sure why it's so hard to find detailed drawings online, but doesn't seem to be any drawings or measurements on the LT2 setup. Mast's re-worked intake looks to be 7.3" tall (without the cover), so that appears that it would clear the SLC lid. I don't have any knowledge on the L8T accessory drive, does anyone know if this would have proper clearance? Comes with dry sump oiling, and the pan appears that it would clear the bottom rails. Anyone have any insight? Should i just stick with a LS and deal with the wait time?

1683052582109.png
1683052751100.png

Joel K

Supporter
Chris, I see no reason why it wouldn’t fit. The block should be close to identical in dimensions to a Gen V LT1 or the LT4 that I am using. The Accessories look nice and tight to the block and the single belt appear to have minimal poke which should work well and clear the rear frame member without moving the engine back.

The C8 intake is faces backward so that may be something your could leverage. don’t think the C8 Corvette exhaust manifolds would clear the SLC frame.

I would contact Jake Miller at Pace Performance. I bet he can help you with the difference in dimensions.

Joel K

Supporter
I see this is not a GM spec engine, then I would think mastmotorsports could tell you any difference in dimensions.

Thanks for the feedback Joel, appreciate it! Definitely looks like the OE headers won't work since they sweep up and would surely hit the frame. The other thing is the Graz Adapter plate has one hole location that is either off or would need relocated. Need to research that some more. I'll post anything that i find!

Joel K

Supporter
Thanks for the feedback Joel, appreciate it! Definitely looks like the OE headers won't work since they sweep up and would surely hit the frame. The other thing is the Graz Adapter plate has one hole location that is either off or would need relocated. Need to research that some more. I'll post anything that i find!

Yes, RCR would definitely need to know the engine you choose so they could provide the correct adapter plate and flywheel. My adapter plate is different than the one for the LS.

Thanks Joel... that's very helpful. Went out to the garage to take a pic of my adapter plate.. It's definitely different than the LS plate - by one hole - the top one. Note this is flipped from your image since it's looking into the Graz. Anyway, going to do some calling around today to get more info. Thanks again!

IMG_3036.jpg

Back