SPF MKII Cabin top roof vent tube question

I have a desire to finally change out the rear plastic bulhead window for the glass one I bought some 15 years ago. Finally. I am trying to figure out what the roof vent tube is attached to inside the inner plastic vent housing. It seems to me that the inner plastick housing is glued in place and drain hose go inside it...to attach to what? Is it just stubbed in there? I tugged a little to no avail. I just don't want to disassembly something I might not be able to reassemble. Will someone please enlighten me? Thanks!
PXL_20240122_205950687.jpg
PXL_20240122_205829436.jpg

It's been awhile, but I think if you remove the exterior plate on the roof you can access the vent housing.

If you look carefully those are not rivets, but very small metric allen heads. I got that panel off without paint damage.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
If you look carefully those are not rivets, but very small metric allen heads. I got that panel off without paint damage.
No,
some early cars had the louvered panel boded to the roof. The tube feeds into a "plenum". We made a improved version that would channel more water but only produced a couple of kits. We did sell a bunch of the glass windows to replace the plexi until SPF changed to glass at the factory.

It has been a decade Mike but I think the rubber tube on mine was simply glued into the plastic. Can you pull the tube out of the window and leave it attached to the roof?

This is one of the first SPF cars built. I will double check rivets vs screws.

Rick, this is one of your products from a while ago.

I think I will work it backwards as Kevin suggests...I don't see any evidence of glue, but I don't have any good viewing angle.

The "plenum" is shallow and has interior vents that leave a very shallow volume for water to collect. Not sure how effective this design is, but I don't imagine driving it in hard rain.

Back