Spongy Pedal on new Wilwood Setup

TIM

wouldn´t get to complicated on angle of attack thoughts. more or less every pedal setup is working around 90° +- 15°-25°. The 7:1 Ratio should get the needed force down compared to a 5: 1 ratio. I do have a 5:1 on my car and can lock up the brakes whenever i want. The pedal feels quite hard and the travel is short. So i´m installing smaller MC´s over the winter.
see attache the currentsetup (...april) and the optimised one(... mai) .

Step up to the 1" front and set up yyour balancing bar at 50/50 it should be very close than.

the front caliper is the same as yours, but on the rear i do run bigger pistons.
Why did you opt for the small psiton rear caliper ? any specific reason ?

BUt For me it sounds that there is someting else wrong. The spongy pedal could also be generated by the new rear calipers not set up perfectly straight ( parallel) to the brake disc. Please check if the working direction of your piston is realy 90° towards your disc in every direction.

Another question is the one of Brake pads. What are you using currently ?
TOM

Attachments

• Bremsbalancekaklulationaktuellapril11.xls
    88.5 KB · Views: 263
  • Bremsbalancekaklulationoptimiertmay11.xls
    87.5 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Good info Tom. I went with smaller effective piston area in the rear per a recommedation that the rear should not exceed the front.

I will check the caliper position as you suggest.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Started this thread 41 day ago and have spent more time, albeit after work hours, on this issue than on any other project for this car. Not just time wrenching and bleeding through liters of brake fluid but hours and hours pouring over internet threads and crunching numbers until late night and\or my mind got too tired to think of it anymore. Usually projects like this reap progress along the way but not this one :dead: Every step I took seemed no better than the previous; I was not able to set a baseline, so to speak, to move from.

Through patience and reviewing everyone’s input on this thread several times, it has finally come to an end and now I am totally thrilled with the results. As one ffcars.com thread I read said “my brakes stop on a dime and give me eleven cents change”. Hallelujah, mine do too! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT size=3><FONT face=Tahoma>So what was the resolve
rr m\c, two push rods the same length, clevis adjustment slightly front biased, balance bar slightly front biased and 7:1 pedal (have a 6:1 pedal I'll try on later). </SPAN>

Consider this thread done!!
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Back