"The Dumbing-Down of America"...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...P. J. Buchanan was dead on. This example would have fit right into his book:

"Tyler Weaver, who starts fifth grade in September, won the “Dig Into Reading” contest at the Hudson Falls Public Library this summer by reading 63 books from June 24 to Aug. 3, the Post-Star reports...Everybody’s so proud of him,” his mother Katie told the Post-Star...Everyone except the library’s director...“Other kids quit because they can’t keep up,” Marie Gandron said, adding that she considered changing the rules(!) of the contest so prizes are given to children whose names are pulled out of a hat (!!!) instead of reading the most books." :furious:

How stooopid is the above??? Imagine if the winners of the Indy 500 or the 24 Hrs of LeMans were picked this way. 'Wouldn't even need to bring a car. Talk about removing all incentive, initiative, and desire to achieve! Good lord.

Unbelievable...

: Library director says 9-year-old should 'step aside' to let others win reading contest | Fox News

And this crap is happening all over the country! I would be interested in the subject reading matter too.

Over here a few years ago, the lefties banned competitive sports from schools, claiming that being good at something and winning through effort, was detrimental to kids not so good, or quite as committed.

Thank the lord, since then we as a Nation seem to have farted all over that particular Lefty policy and have actually started winning stuff and, heaven forbid, begun the road to actually encouraging kids into being proud of their accomplishments!

Imagine the Olympics handing out Golds, to names pulled from a hat!

Keith

Over here a few years ago, the lefties banned competitive sports from schools, claiming that being good at something and winning through effort, was detrimental to kids not so good, or quite as committed.

Thank the lord, since then we as a Nation seem to have farted all over that particular Lefty policy and have actually started winning stuff and, heaven forbid, begun the road to actually encouraging kids into being proud of their accomplishments!

Imagine the Olympics handing out Golds, to names pulled from a hat!

That's bloody true! I went to my daughter's sports day in Brighton (well, Hove actually) when she was 8 years old. (around 1995 or so?) I got to cheer her on at some stupid race or other and I was warned by a teacher that I was upsetting some of the 'less able' participants and their (single) parent...so naturally, I shouted even LOUDER!

Hard to believe but true. That was happening all over the country too. But, Oh How Progressive We Were!

Tried to explain to one trendy tree hugger at the same sports day that I was brought up on a diet of British Bulldog. I was explaining the fundamentals of the "character forming" game to her, you know with dislocated arms, knees, fractured skulls and half gouged eyes and I realised that she had fainted.

Result!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
ONe of the primary culprits, at least in the US:

STUDY: Watching FOX News Makes You Stupid - Business Insider

Please provide examples of "misinformation" broadcast by FOX. I mean, for such a DEFINATIVE conclusion to be drawn by the folks at "World Public Opinion/Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland" (wow! MOST impressive sounding!), there must be a BOATLOAD of 'shovel ready' examples one can cite, right?

Please. Indulge.

Keith

They're all biased in some way (mainly towards sensationalism) but do we have an equivalent of Fox News in the UK?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Please provide examples of "misinformation" broadcast by FOX. I mean, for such a DEFINATIVE conclusion to be drawn by the folks at "World Public Opinion/Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland" (wow! MOST impressive sounding!), there must be a BOATLOAD of 'shovel ready' examples one can cite, right?

Please. Indulge.

So we have found the one person in the world who has no idea that FOX lies in a regular basis.

Here are just a few things said by Fox News that were not true.

Lunar Volcanoes disprove global warming.

Rape VictIms are asking for it

No mater what the polls say, Romney will win in a landslide.

The Affordable Health Care Act contains "death Panels"

There has been more debt formed under Obama than all the other Presidents combined.

You are going to jail if you don't buy heathcare insurance.

Fox news then reported that they never said "You are going to jail if you don't buy heathcare insurance".
Tax cuts for the wealthy are good for everyone.

$250,000 is middle class income.

Obama fired all of the US Attorneys

Obama will outlaw black cars

Obama will make this a Muslum nation.

Obama is not a citizen.

Obama was born in Kena.

US troups have NEVER been under the control of another nation.

We will be welcomed into Iraq as Liberators.

We will pay for the Iraq war with Iraqi oil money.

The US is going to spend $8 billiona day for foreign oil that we could easily get from he gulf.

The US is the only country on earth were at birth you automatically become a citizen.

The Massachusetts health care plan us universally unpopular.

There are litteraly hundreds more, but you get the Idea......

I almost forgot..........

....and the pilots names are "Ho Lee Fuk", "Wi To Lo"...................

Now keep in mind that places like MSNBC, and the rest of the left wing pundidts also lie, the difference is nobody watches them, nobody believes them and nobody brings their lies here and tries to pass them as truth.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
So we have found the one person in the world who has no idea that FOX lies in a regular basis.

E-X-A-M-P-L-E-S, Mr. Craik?

A friend of mine is as far left as you...and like you, HE makes the same "LIARS!!!" charge re: FOX every chance he gets. I've probably asked him 2 dozen times to cite even ONE example for me. 'Still waiting for one...

If FOX "lies (on) a regular basis", WHY is it so darned DIFFICULT for your side to cite even ONE example??? I recognize some of the stuff you quoted above - they're stmts of OPINION, not hard news stmts. (E.g.: the "Rape victims are asking for it" thing! PROVIDE A LINK TO THE FOX NEWS BROADCAST wherein that comment was made by the anchor or a reporter. It was made by the person who was the subject of the report.)

Last edited:

Keith

Here are just a few things sid by Fox News that were not true.

Lunar Volcanoes disprove global warming.

Rape Victoms are asking for it

No mater what the polls say, Romney will win in a landslide.

The Affordable Health Care Act contains "death Panels"

There has been more debt formed under Obama than all the other Presidents combined.

You are going to jail if you don't buy heathcare insurance.

Fox news then reported that they never said "You are going to jail if you don't buy heathcare insurance".

Tax cuts for the wealthy are good for everyone.

$250,000 is middle class income.

Obama fired all of the US Attorneys

Obama will outlaw black cars

Obama will make this a Muslum nation.

Obama was born in Kena.

There are litteraly hundreds more, but you get the Idea......

Hmm, you've 'outFoxed' me - I thought that was all true!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
We too are "blessed" with the no winners philosophy... Everyone gets a medal no winners = no losers. Little Johnny the fat lazy bastard who came last, or didn't take part because he had a note from his single mum/ mom, also gets a medal.
A great way to prepare kids for life don't you think?

We too are "blessed" with the no winners philosophy... Everyone gets a medal no winners = no losers. Little Johnny the fat lazy bastard who came last, or didn't take part because he had a note from his single mum/ mom, also gets a medal.
A great way to prepare kids for life don't you think?

Hey, back off Jack, he may be a " fat lazy bastard who came last, or didn't take part because he had a note from his single mum/ mom." but he's our " fat lazy bastard who came last, or didn't take part because he had a note from his single mum/ mom."

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey, back off Jack, he may be a " fat lazy bastard who came last, or didn't take part because he had a note from his single mum/ mom." but he's our " fat lazy bastard who came last, or didn't take part because he had a note from his single mum/ mom."

??? That makes sense if you mean back off Pete....I think.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The so called win/win situation is rapidly becoming yesterdays Crapspeak.
For win /win also read 'Little Johny, the fat lazy bastard'.

Period.

If you have an opinion on this and why it's not your opinion , write it on a postcard and shove it up your fundamental orifice.

Would that be an equine fundament David?
I once made a medal of great importance for a retiring jerk of a Brig. General. I used a plaster cast of a toy horses rear and cast it in lead. With a 4" wide multi-colored ribbon and all. Presented it to him at his retirement ceremony.
We dubbed it the "Medal of the Equine Fundament with Uplifted Appendage", Horses Ass award for short!

Keith

The so called win/win situation is rapidly becoming yesterdays Crapspeak.
For win /win also read 'Little Johny, the fat lazy bastard'.

Period.

If you have an opinion on this and why it's not your opinion , write it on a postcard and shove it up your fundamental orifice.

Bagpipe rehearsals not go too well then David?

Back