THE PRESSURERITE SYSTEM - UNIQUE BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY

THE PRESSURERITE AUTOMATIC TIRE PRESSURE CONTROL SYSTEM. A UNIQUE BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY.

My friend and neighbour, Pierre du Toit, has developed and patented worldwide the Pressurite Automatic Tyre Pressure Control System.

For the development and testing of this device Pierre formed a company with him and Dunlop South Africa as shareholders. This gave him access to Dunlop’s extensive research and development facilities at their plant in Durban.

Now that PressureRite has been developed a partner or partners are required to market the product in the United Sates for a start. The US has been chosen for two good reasons, firstly it’s one of the world’s larger countries with a vehicle population of over 200 million vehicles. Secondly, the forthcoming TREAD (Transportation Recall Enhancement Accountablity and Documentation) Act will take the responsibility of maintaining correct tire pressure away from the consumer and on to the manufacturer. The TREAD Act requires that 50% of model year 2006 light vehicles, 90% of model 2007 light vehicles and all light vehicles manufactured after 2007 in the US to be equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). NHTSA’s latest proposal presented on September 15 2004 requires manufacturers to install a four tire TPMS that is capable of detecting when a tire is more than 25% under inflated and warn the driver.

I note that light vehicles are specified and I believe that the TREAD Act was motivated by the recent Ford Explorer/Firestone problem. I believe however that the Act will be applicable to all vehicles and IMHO it would be far more appropriate for heavy duty,multi-wheeled trucks as tyre problems with light and passenger vehicles are mercifully rare. Speak to any transport manager of a large fleet of heavy haulers and you will be told that tire management can be one of the biggest headaches of that industry. It is for this reason that Pierre has initially developed a unit for truck wheels and tires.

Dunlop is also open to a joint venture as the company has made it quite clear that its core business is that of tire manufacture and nothing else.

A description and pics of the PressuRite wheel mounted unit follow.

This could be an interesting business opportunity for someone with the right connections in the transport world and with the drive and energy that would be required for the launch and marketing of any new product. Private equity companies might be interested in becoming involved in a venture of this nature. Needles to say the current shareholders of PressureRite, Dunlop included, would be happy to negotiate and equity based deal with interested investors.

For the record I cleared this report with Ron Earp before posting.

Best wishes to all,
Andre 40

Attachments

• 66125-DSCN0933.JPG
    66125-DSCN0933.JPG
    315.4 KB · Views: 211
I have received an E-mail asking whether the Pressurite System infringes another similar type of tyre pressure monitor. The answer is no.Pressurite has two unique features which are unlike any other in the world and consequently the patent application is now in its final stages in the US and the rest of the world.

Andre 40

Back