The Vector is back...

I use to kick ass with the Vector M12 in Gran Turismo 2!!! Those were the days.

ROTFLOL -A virtual car for a virtual game ...... seems very fitting!

Yes, getting in a 450K car and putting the automatic in ''gear''......oh the shame of it all, just shoot me already.

There is one in around here I've never got a look at it in person, based on forum communications (not this forum) the owner seems to like it (but I doubt he bought it new). I (honestly) look forward to the time I get a chance to get his take on the car.

It looks really dated.

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Here is a picture of the engine compartment of the W8. It is a dry sump aluminum small block Chevy with twin turbos. It's archilees(spl) heel is the tranaxle. They used the transaxle from a front wheel drive Oldsmobile Tornado. It is a real slush box. I was very disappointed in the overall driving experience. The build quality on the pre-lamborgini buy out cars is aircraft type and quality. This was a local car of a friends for years. He recently sold it.

Attachments

• DSCF1362.jpg
    DSCF1362.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 358
"ultra-super-exotic vehicle" HA HA HA HA HA HA..... ROFLMAO

I do have to say, it's not that bad looking for an ugly car. :D

So they actually sold some of those? I remember when it first came out - the W12 engine was suppose to be such a big deal, and someone bought one with a Chevy V8??? :eek:

Hyper performance. Whatever...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I quite like the look of the thing, it seems to borrow a lot from Lamborghini.
Regarding the Hype he was probably a Real Estate salesman in an earlier life.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
At the end, Vector was a sister company to Lambo and they were building them in Florida with a Lambo powertrain. Jerry Weigert was "evicted" from the company and announced his intentions to build a 300 MPH "flying car" that would cruise a few feet off the surface of the ocean.

And I KNOW I will get my money from Nigeria!

Rick

Does anyone know what the black car behind the Vector, Right side of picture across from the Jaguar is in the second picture is? It looks like a RCR SLC sort of from this view. Paul do you have any pictures of it?

Is it a Schuppan?
quote]

You've already solved that one, but a few more pics regardless.

Attachments

• 962 aIMG_2410.jpg
    962 aIMG_2410.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 360
  • 962 bIMG_2410.jpg
    962 bIMG_2410.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 962 cIMG_2410.jpg
    962 cIMG_2410.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 399

Ron Earp

Admin
Looks like it could be a flattened and elongated F Body with a bad body kit.

Attachments

• vector_avtech_wx_8.jpg
    vector_avtech_wx_8.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 298
Back