Turnkeys - Who is doing them?

Ron Earp

Admin
Actually, turnkey minus cars, that is, cars without engine and transmission. Of course, I'm looking to buy one but I just got email from a forum member asking who does them and it occured to me that I wasn't sure who the players were any more.

The ones I know of for sure:
Roaring Forties
CAV - California outlet
CAV - South Africa, through various outlets and Canada (I think, or is that the other CAV car????? - that name needs to change)

Ones I think that do them:
ERA, but the wait is horrendous
GT40 Australia, Pretty sure they do
GT40 NA, the NZ company made here now, long story

Ones that might but haven't been seen:
MDA
Superformance someday

Ron,

GT40 Australia(DRB)builds a Standard Body/Chassis, Advanced Body/Chassis, minus/minus cars, and turnkeys. The M/Ms are completely finished cars, minus engine and gearbox. The waiting period is currently 50 weeks(at least 26 cars on order, maybe more, since I last spoke to Peter Ransom).

The exchange rate(AUD/USD) sure has jumped since I bought my car. Back then(2001-2002) it was $0.51-0.53. Now it's $0.71-0.74! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif YIKES! Glad I bought my car in 2001!

Bill

Hell, I could have had a turnkey minus here a long, long time ago but the feds perspective on the kitcar/replica market, here in Canada anyway, makes it virtually impossible to import one. Box of parts is how the MDA cars will be arriving - up here you either build it or keep dreaming...and I'm certain that most import requirements also pertain to the US.

Could be why we don't hear of such?

Ron Earp

Admin
US turnkey minus cars ocme in the US without difficulty. I forgot tornado, thanks for reminding me on that.

My company has been importing and building to order kits from the UK for several years. (Ultima CAN AM and GTR mostly) We found that a lot of folks don't have time to build, but want the vicarious thrill of the build. We have a pretty good size staff but only put two guys on each car, and then pretty much every day, images are posted on the private build journal software for the client.

We can build turnkeys or rollers of any quality kit you purchase, so we would like to be tossed into the list if you broaden the list to "commissioned builders". As an example the Ultimas comes as a roller for 89k from the factory, and we end up taking the kit and building it for about the same price, but months quicker than the factory. http://www.ultimasports.com/ultima/foxbuildjournal/clutchandbrakes/clutchandbrakes.html
is an example of a published early journal, we have sense developed new software that flows better, but most of the journals are private for the owners.

If anyone wants to have us build a GT40 we would work out something to save on the cost, so we can add a GT40 to the stable of cars we have built.

Also, if anyone has a kit sitting dormant they want to sell or have us build, we will get it done!

<end of shameless plug>

Craig
[email protected]
www.brammo.com

Back