Un1-13 flipping crown wheel

Hi - Sorry if this has been covered before, i have tried to search this topic but no answers have come back.

I have a UN1-013 which has had the Derek Bell upgrade, im looking for advice on how to flip the crown wheel over to the other side so i can use it for rear engine.

I have split the box but the when i lay the crown wheel on the other side it doesnt marry up with the pinion as the teeth are set at 45 degs :huh:

Many thanks in advance

Appreciate the info

There is away to do it i read about it while ago but can find that doc, so thought id speak to the GT40 lads as thought the un1 was rear engine mounted in these and i was in hope there would be man who knew how i can

aaahhh that may explain a lot, surley the un1 is in back wards so youd you have 5 fast reverse and one slow forward im curious how have you got them mounted is mid engine then ?

Barry, when the UN1 is in a front wheel drive car is sits behind the engine, with the bell housing towards the front of the car, as it does in the GT40s. So the orientation of the gearbox wrt the engine remains the same, engine forward, gearbox behind.

Keith

Attachments

• imagesCAXLV2BV.jpg
    imagesCAXLV2BV.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 251
Back