Upgrade Funding

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Folks,

As some of you might have noticed if you read here on the daily, we performed some software upgrades a few weeks ago. The major functionality of the forum didn't change, but we have the newest version of forum software, lots of security patches, and a lot of little things fixed which have needed fixing for a long time.

Upgrades cost money of course, so it's my job to ask folks if they like the forum maybe think about being a supporter for a year. We'd need less than 20 new supporters to cover the costs, so maybe if you've been thinking about becoming a supporter it'd be a good time to do so.

No matter what, this forum will always be 100% free to use, read, post, etc. as that has always been the goal here at GT40s.com.

Merry Christmas everyone, maybe your drilled holes always be straight, round, and true (a real concern as I'm building an airplane, pic attached for progress report!

Ron

1703170342052.jpeg

Ron Earp

Admin
Because a I've received two inquiries, the Support GT40s.com link has a way to support by credit card, it's the second link down. PayPal still processes it but no PayPal account is needed.

PaulProe

Supporter
Ron,
I see two different supporter badges; Supporter and Lifetime Supporter yet I don't see anyway to upgrade to the lifetime.

Was that a one-time thing or am I not seeing a link somewhere

Paul

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Paul,

That's all the supporter levels we have, Supporter (which is yearly) and Lifetime. The upgrade path for Lifetime is simply to just join at a Lifetime Supporter status whenever you feel you want to do so. We don't have a path that prorates time or anything like that, the forum is rather simplistic with supporter mechanisms.

Merry Christmas!
Ron

Chris Kouba

Supporter
I think he's saying it's the same, but different. "Supporter" is for one year and the other "Supporter" (top one) is the recurring auto-renewal.

On the old forum, for a one-time fee, you could be a Lifetime Supporter, but I believe that option has gone away now. It's recurring annual support.

...I think. Ron or the other mods can confirm.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, I think we need to look into this. As others have said, the lifetime supporter is no longer shown. Not sure when that went away but, possibly when the upgrade happened.
Thanks
Regards Brian

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The only way I see the lifetime supporter is because I purchased it some years ago. I looked on another computer that I was not logged into, and it wasn't there. This is what I see.

Available upgrades​

Supporter $50.00 per year

+Blue Supporter Badge near your name
+Have a custom avatar
+Have a custom signature
+Edit their own posts
+Post in the Garage Sale subforum
+Post your car in the Cars For Sale subforum
+Upload more photos / larger size
+Have a large private message mailbox
+Fully view and participate in build logs
+Participate in the Paddock / Pub section of the website

**This is a recurring yearly subscription. To stop the subscription at any time just log into your PayPal account and cancel it.**

Supporter $50.00 for 1 year

+Blue Supporter Badge near your name
+Have a custom avatar
+Have a custom signature
+Edit their own posts
+Post in the Garage Sale subforum
+Post your car in the Cars For Sale subforum
+Upload more photos / larger size
+Have a large private message mailbox
+Fully view and participate in build logs
+Participate in the Paddock / Pub section of the website

**This is a one time payment via credit card and does not automatically renew each year. The credit card is still processed by PayPal but you do not need a PayPal account!**

Sponsoring Vendor $325.00 for 1 year

+All Supporter perks in addition to full access to the Vendor Forum to advertise wares for sale.+Advertising signature with links to your company
+Company name as your displayed name

Purchased upgrades​

• Lifetime Supporter $395.00 for 99 years
    Expires: Sep 22, 2037
    Lifetime gt40s.com supporter. ▪20x PM space ▪Large Avatar
    trophya.gif

Lets look into this Ron please.
Regards Brian

Back