Wheel base width on RCR gt40 and front wheel size

Hi fellow RCR GT40 builders, I’m having some issues fitting my front wheels 15” rims, with 225/60 tyres. Could someone please tell me what the front wheel base rim to rim should be please. Also seems 225 won’t fit so what do you suggest. Many thanks.

Hi fellow RCR GT40 builders, I’m having some issues fitting my front wheels 15” rims, with 225/60 tyres. Could someone please tell me what the front wheel base rim to rim should be please. Also seems 225 won’t fit so what do you suggest. Many thanks.

Well, I have a Superformance GT40 MKII, but I believe the front wheels of your car are the same as mine, at 8" wide. One thing I was told by Superformance was NOT to try the 225/60/15 tires (body rubbing issues, I believe). They were very emphatic on this. So, I am using 215/60/15s, which work fine. I hope this helps.

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Hi Chris that’s great thanks for the feedback. I understand the RCR has very similar dimensions as the superpermance. I have Avon’s on the rear and would like to run 215/60 on the front as Avon’s don’t make a smaller size suitable. Can RCR owners tell me if they are running 215s without any issues please. Thanks

Chuck

Supporter
Looking at a post from a decade ago, found I used Avon 215 60R/15 on the front and 295 50R/15 on rear on my RCR. They are still in great condition and worked splendidly. Link to page:

Back