Yet another scam

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Received this email yesterday:

"We recently have determined that different computers have logged into your PayPal account, and multiple password failures were present before the login. One of our Customer Service employees has already tryed to telephonically reach you. As our employee did not manage to reach you, this email has been sent to your notice.
Therefore your account has been temporary suspended. We need you to confirm your identity in order to regain full privileges of your account.
If this is not completed by February 14, 2006, we reserve the right to terminate all privileges of your account indefinitly, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.
To confirm your identity please follow the link below:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run <http://paypal.com.member-login8268.info/webscr.php?cmd=LogIn>

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

PayPal - Customer Service

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered."

The subject was "Paypal Service" and the email address was: [email protected]

I contacted paypal directly and they said it was a scam, and would look into it.

Just a warning to all out there.

Cheers,

Brian.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Brian,
Similar received here about every two weeks. I just forward them on to either [email protected] or [email protected] though I always get the same answer from them that these emails are 'fisching'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif
Some 'clever' bastards out there.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Friend of mine got done last Tuesday. Unloading his shopping into the boot (trunk) and he noticed two briefly dressed young ladies who startyed to squegee his windshield.
He asked them what they needed and they said "Only a lift to the next supermarket carpark please". They apparently sat in the back seat and while he was driving they started making out with each other which intrigued him. Then one jumped over into the front and started performing on him while he was driving.
The other female meanwhile emptied his wallet.
He got caught like this twice last Tuesday, twice again on Wednesday, three times on Thursday, and every day since. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Back