13 hr at VIR 2013..new sponsor too

Well folks its that time of year again.....the race runs on October 25th 2013

This year we are going to take two cars but no SLC...

The LMP1 is going to be running with our LS3 endurance spec engine and will be driven by our young Grand Am studs...Ryan Ellis and Matt Bell.

The second car is an open cockpit , single seat alternative fuel car...really cool little project car

More to come on that one in the next couple of weeks.....

I am really pleased and proud to announce that www.BajaDesigns.com has come on board as a sponsor for Superlitecars race programme and we will be running their super lightweight and very bright LED lighting systems on both of the race cars ....

I will post more information about the lights and the cars in the coming weeks...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good luck, Fran and team!
Coming from the off road scene, I am quite familiar with your sponsor. They make some of the best lights around!

Congratulations on the new sponsor Fran, I'm sure your competition is banging there heads reading this announcement. I'm looking forward to being out there, hopefully twice the fun with twice the cars, Let me know if you need help.

Our second car is a turbo diesel package.

The engine makes 200hp and 350 ftlbs of torque and has a redline of 6000rpm...not too bad for a diesel but I don't expect we will need the rpm as peak torque is from 2800 to 4000 rpm and peak power is 4200 rpm.

The car weighs 1700lbs and is an open top single seater....this is a test bed for a car we already manufacture that will benefit the model as a track and street car.

Watch this space .....

Yep....if you recall the Nemesis now accepts a VW drivetrain

Attachments

• Diesel VIR build.jpg
    Diesel VIR build.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 786
Last edited:
same as the SLC or LMP at the 13 hr.

We will be competing against ourselves...one car will need fuel every 90 mins the other every 4 hours....

We have already run the Nemsis chassis and know what its capable of with a much less torquey engine ...and it was sub race winning times from last years VIR 13 race winning performance...even though we actually hold the lap record with the SLC, so I think we have a good chance to have some fun this year and do a little out of the box stuff, as usual

Very intrigued. A fun play thing that would be pennies on the dollar to run compared to a traditional track beast. Got some Mazdas that would be fun to play with. Aero package ideas too??? Sweet and amazing that you guys keep pushing the envelope, really against yourself on and off the track.

No such thing as cheap racing but the diesel will surprise many I think.....its fast

Its also only one of a two diesel car team we will be doing some great things with very soon....

Last edited:
I'm speaking relative, Fran :)

We all know that speed costs money. I was talking Formula Mazda....not Miatas. And I'm still going to extend my arm and say a turbo VW costs less to run than my options in maintenance. Build time is what really keeps me from pulling trigger and I need to call you on roller minus options.

Good luck on a neat project.

So drivers all sorted for both cars for the 13 hr...

LMP1 ..
Ryan Ellis, Matt Bell and the recent youngest ever Trans Am Champion Cameron Lawrence

Diesel Duchess...
Mike Skeen, Victor Seaber and some other world famous racing driver, the legend that is our own RCR customer and VIR regular Mr. Jay Salmon...

Good luck Fran! The cars and drivers are awesome! Wish you were bringing the SLC! I will be driving the Pace Car again for the 13 hour! See you there!!!

Our second car is a turbo diesel package.

The engine makes 200hp and 350 ftlbs of torque and has a redline of 6000rpm...not too bad for a diesel but I don't expect we will need the rpm as peak torque is from 2800 to 4000 rpm and peak power is 4200 rpm.

The car weighs 1700lbs and is an open top single seater....this is a test bed for a car we already manufacture that will benefit the model as a track and street car.

Watch this space .....

Which engine and transmission are you using in this car? If it's the same VW engine you were developing for the Nemisis, how is it modified for this race?

Thanks,
Justin

Whats different.....well
Crank, rods, pistons, camshaft, springs, valves, keepers,turbo, oil pan, windage tray,exhaust, injector pump, fuel pumps, head porting, studs , bolts to start with.....

OK, now I see your point. I was thinking a more basic diesel setup closer to OEM in a chassis. That was like my off target comment to a friend retiring from sportsman racing to focus on banjo playing. I said well at least it won't eat money as fast....he said laughing, "my last banjo was $80k".

Great line up and please post follow up after/during like last year.

Back