1966 Superformance GT40 MKII p2116

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Alan has a beautiful blue MKII, with a huge FE.

I dont recall seing a white MKII before, I think it looks great in white!

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
Randy,

Wow..that was a short-term period of ownership. The car was at Steve's shop for months. Did you ever get to drive it?

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Alan, you don't like my ad, thanks man.

Randal -- You're welcome, I guess. I did not know it was your ad, nor do I have an opinion about the it. "Oh really?" is a question provoked by my apparent misunderstanding of the recent history and magnitude of SPF GT40 pricing. So since I've apparently missed a price increase or two, could you tell me what the pricing is now, and when the drastic price increases occurred?

To the peanut gallery: The bot seems not to be catching Ebay SPF GT40 auctions, so I've been manually posting these as a favor to the other SPF owners and seekers. If this is motivating anyone to make snotty remarks at me, I'm perfectly happy to stop making the posts.

Last edited:

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
A roller is over $100K. Drastic is a subjective term, but definitely up. A highly optioned roller with a narrow tail or wide tail could be $110K.

Well thought I was trying to be informative. Yes Glenn I drove it a while long before I took it to Steve's.........change of plans getting Married in December and looking for weekend spots in Horseshoe Bay. I want the car setup right and now it is...I still have my CSX and KR so nothing is lost, sold my GT350 a few weeks ago, bought a project car to tinker with.

Funny thing is my fiancée likes it but wants a condo more!

Thanks, Randy

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
No, your habit of coming across as inflammatory even if you don't mean to be (or trying to be funny, or whatever).

I have no bias against your struggle with numbers.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Al, why don't you put yours on the market for say $100k? I don't know what condition it's in but it sounds like you have invested some money and work into it. My guess is it would sell fairly quickly even with it being a MkII. Maybe start at $120k and come down if you need to. My guess is you will say no... that you have much more in hard costs as well as labor into it and it is worth more. I think that could be said for most of us. Please stop taking one or two examples out of context and drawing broad and quite inaccurate conclusions. Since you clearly don't like the cars given the constant bashing and your inability to complete the one you have, please just sell, buy something you do like, and find another forum to complain on.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Randy, that is a beautiful car even if I am biased towards white! Hang tight on the asking price. The right buyer will come along sooner than later. Have you put an ad on CobraCountry?

Wow, 115K for a SPF roller. Thats gotta be good for all of us even if we don't own a SPF. Add to this the staggering price paid for the GTD at Bonhams (around 130K (US)) and we have to ask.... is this a trend? It should be stated the GTD was a very nice car with some nice touches but as someone else noted it didn't even come with a ZF. Are these prices indicative of the market as a whole or is it another example of "if its a quality car it will bring good money." I noted the other replica KCC (maroon colored) GT 40 at the Bonhams sale sold for much less. (@ 37K US) Quality comes at a price you could say.

Back