2005 original Goodyear tire replacement

The OEM rear tires 315/40zr19 have been discontinued. Anyone have a line on what is being used to replace these? Im looking for a full set that was made in 2020 or 2021 with an equal size.

Feel free to check out this website for size alternatives:

You can check out shops like 4wheelonline for a wide variety of options, make sure to keep us posted with your choice. Also, try to add information about your ride.

Try asking the dealer for suggestions? If you look under 2005 Ford GT, Tire Rack doesn't have any suggestions.

If you're referring to the 2005 Ford GT, guys on the GT forum universally recommend the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A SCUDERIA 345/35R19 110Y (rear) and Potenza RE050A 265/40R18 (front), and that includes the GT's actual suspension designer, Scott Ahlman.

I have new Goodyears on one 2005 GT, and new Bridgestones on my other 2005 GT, and I believe the Bridgestones are a softer, nicer ride, surely better traction although I've never tracked either car, and there seems to be no downside to them ... which is especially helpful since the Goodyears appear to be no longer available. Oh, and they do fit, without rubbing, and I've never seen anybody else make a claim of rubbing yet either.

Back