2013 NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill

25hr-12-4-02-thumb-200x90.jpg

NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Dec. 7-8
* Great mix of cars including 2 Audi R8 LMS, Audi TT RS, Norma Sports Racer, Seat Leon, Lexus IS300, 3 different factory Mazda 6 Diesels, Miata MX-5 and RX-8, Acura ILX, Honda Civic, Honda CR-Z, Factory Five Racing, Chevrolet Silverado, Porsche 997, Radical, etc.
* Six classes of race cars E0, E1, E2, E3, ES, ESR
* 60+ entries in E0 7, E1 10, E2 7, E3 11, ES 17, ESR 9
NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Media Guide
http://www.nasa25hour.com/Thunderhill Media Guide 2013.pdf

Oct25_2-thumb-250x167.jpg

25hr-12-4-03-thumb-635x372.jpg

25H-radical.jpg

251731-1000-0.jpg

11-19-2013-7-11-55-PM-3506982.jpeg

25hr_12-4-01-thumb-400x267.jpg

11-18-01-thumb-350x174.jpg

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I read that the WOLF GB08S broke the T-Hill track record by something like 3 seconds during practice.

Interesting to see what role weather might play as a storm is due through the area at the weekend.

Julian

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I wouldn't call Willows, CA desert, but then I'm living in Reno!

48-52F with rain Fri & Sat.

Julian

Look at the leaves in the Audi grill. Probably won't be an issue at T Hill since it is mostly desert there. :)

Thunder hill is my home track. 7 miles west of willows in rolling green hills and farmland but no desert . It's been really cold here all week and there's a storm front moving in that could play a huge factor.

I'm in the Sacramento Burbs, and we're supposed to get snow Saturday.

The track is a couple of hour north of here. I can't help but wonder if you'll be hit also.

Soooo, do any road tires really work when it's below freezing?

860433_643011589053443_2063726280_o.jpg

"Just qualified the #03 SLC P4 overall and P2 in class for the 25hr. Lots of traffic in the session and plenty more to deal with tomorrow. Excellent competition here and we're looking forward to a great (but freezing!) race."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Superlite-Cars/187464421283849

https://www.facebook.com/davidsonracin

in the ultra-competitive ES Class will be the No. 16 Davidson Racing Eagle. The Eagle will be driven by seasoned pros Burt Frisselle, Anthony Lazzaro, Brandon Kraus and Mark Wilkins.
"The (SLC) Eagle, wearing #16(?) this year, has undergone a number of significant changes to improve drivability, reliability and ultimate performance," Wilkins said. "Some of the big changes include moving the driver to the center of the car, larger brakes and some reengineered suspension geometry. The car has really been completely transformed to address some of the weak areas we identified last year. In pre-race testing the car has proven to be much quicker while being easier to both set-up and drive. We ran the car in a few pre-race tests to iron out the significant changes that had been made since last year's race. Specifically, we ran the car at Miller Motorsports Park in September and at Thunderhill in October to get it all set up for the 25. The Davidson Racing crew has been working around the clock to get the Eagle ready and I feel we will be in a good position for this year's race. Our goal is to win. We were very close last year and we have certainly improved the car substantially since then. It will be a very tough race with lots of good competition and plenty of cars on track. We will have to be very smart in traffic, manage the car and not make any mistakes."

"With the green flag just days away the excitement among the competitors is growing for the eleventh running of the USAF 25 Hours of Thunderhill," Jerry Kunzman, NASA Executive Director, said. "The ES Class is looking to be the strongest that we have seen in the history of the race. There is also going to be a great race among the cars in the E3 class where we have a group from Acura and Mazda at opposite ends of the pit lane going for that class win. We also have a great line-up of two and three car teams as well as our usual single car efforts. The variety of cars, and a truck, has been a hallmark of this event over the years. I don't think we are going to see the double digit lap victory for the overall win like we have seen in the past."
996967_564817186924956_715394271_n.jpg

It's going to be a cold running at the 25. We have 4-6 inches of snow that dumped yesterday afternoon and into the night in redding just 1.5 hrs north of T-Hill. Best of luck to the slc boys and safe racing for all......

25hr-12701.jpg

The No. 52 JFC Racing Wolf driven by Remo Bellarosa, with co-drivers Indy 500 winner Al Unser Jr. and his son Al Unser III, took the overall pole position in qualifying with a time of 1:37.662, leading a field of 63 race cars.
( That's crazy fast in traffic!)

"I did really one flying lap, there is a lot of traffic out there tonight," Bellarosa said. "Miles Jackson and his JFC Racing team have put together a very fast car. I am very happy to drive for Miles with Al Unser Jr. and his son. The car is handling really well. It is really easy to drive fast here, which is what you need with all of the traffic. In practice we did closer to a 1:32, but that time was not possible with all of the cars on the track in qualifying."

In the ultra-competitive ES Class, the Davidson Racing Superlite SL-C 'Eagle' driven by Burt Frisselle was the fastest with a time of 1:42.598.

"I haven't had a chance to drive the car for the first time since all of the changes the team made since last year,"Frisselle said. "The car feels a lot lighter, more responsive, the braking is better. It is just a different car. I am hoping for no rain, the car is really warm inside. The colder the better for us. We have a couple of tire compounds that are available to us and not the other teams, so we may have an advantage. There is time left in the car. We had to trouble shoot a lot of problems today. We wanted to qualify in the top five on the grid and be ready to race tomorrow."
http://www.nasa25hour.com/

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Team Durbin/QRP are doing a superb job at the 25 hr ....having led for a quite a long time a bad pit stop dropped them down to fifth but they are currently in 3rd...

Their SLC is ahead of many factory cars including all the Audis...go boys...keep it up.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Back where they belong....wink.

Keep in mind guys that this car uses the SLC race suspension, that has very similar geometry to the street SLC

QRP have done a great prep job and its essentially the same chassis as the street SLC with a full race cage.....

Keep it up guys...we are all rooting for you , even at such an early stage in the race...

Last edited:
Back