2161 Makeover

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Pikes Peak in the background

941497_577905855574174_864841295_n.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Haha man that is quite some olfactory system you have. Amazing from all the way across the pond! I think after about 10 different sample plates we did, we have arrived on the right tone.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Something a little different I think. If all the pieces come together like we hope, it should be stunning.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
You just didn't like another car that looked like yours. :) Crazy weather we are having looks like the snow level is down to about 10k feet? I thought it was stunning before dude.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Are you in CO jack? Weather this year has been interesting for sure. What is funny is I have never been a red car guy and both my Ford GT and GT40 were/are red. I sold the Ford GT and now am painting the GT40. I think it is going to come out fairly unique. It is difficult to get all the components right that make for a good looking car. Think a dark bronze almost greenish color for wheels. Its going to be cool... I hope, fingers crossed lol.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
No Mike I travel through CO anytime the weather permits and I watch the weather channel and its shown your 80 one day and snow the next, sort of like here also.

I'm with you on the red but mine has grown on me. Can't wait to see the new color.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
No Mike I travel through CO anytime the weather permits and I watch the weather channel and its shown your 80 one day and snow the next, sort of like here also.

I'm with you on the red but mine has grown on me. Can't wait to see the new color.

Wednesday looking out the front door at 9000'

2013052200.jpg

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
What color for the wheels Mike? One of my favorite car colors was John's SPF Mk1, his white was outstanding. I think it was Wimbledon White??

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Still working on that but most likely a very dark bronze almost black. Whites are interesting with a wide variety of tones. A vintage white to me is not to bright or stark. All I know is there is a look I'm after and its made up of several things all working together. I still don't know if we've hit it and probably won't until its mostly together. Faith lol

Back