48 Ida Webber

Ron Rowse

No Longer Available
Dear GT40 Members

I remember reading on the forum, Members thoughs on some of the webber shown. wether they were real or not. (ie) made in the USA verus made in Italy

I brought 12 48IDAs in 1971 I still have them brand new in there boxes.
Could members tell me wether they are real or copies please.

In my Clean up these will all be sold to members or collectors I will not sell to outsiders.

Ron Rowse.

Attachments

• FEIntake 008 (Small) (2).jpg
    FEIntake 008 (Small) (2).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 542
  • FEIntake 009 (Small).jpg
    FEIntake 009 (Small).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 594

Brian Stewart
Supporter
As far as I know Ron, if they have made in Italy on them (which yours looks as though they do) they are the genuine article. Bugger, 'cos I just bought four of the reproduced ones a couple of months ago.

Cheers,

Brian

RON: I know a Weber guru who has collected and organized data on hundreds of different Weber carbs and in all likelihood could ID yours pretty easily. PM me or use my personal e-mail address and I will put you in touch.

Best I have to offer....

Attachments

• RCR pic close up rear carbs.jpg
    RCR pic close up rear carbs.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 434
  • New Car in shop Cherry corner back.jpg
    New Car in shop Cherry corner back.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 434
I talked to Weber USA earlier this week because I'm having some serious tuning issues. The tech guy asked where they were made. I said I didn't know because on the side it says "MADE IN" and the there is a blank casting boss below that. He said that they were made in Spain because if they were Italian it would be labeled as such on the boss. I have no idea if this is true but they are the US distributor and they should know.......I hope!

Ron,

I do not have a GT40, but I would be very much interested in purchasing a set of 4 from you. The purchase would be for the istallation on a GT40 when I get to that point. I would be thrilled to get a set of Italian Webers.

Please let me know if I would be considered for the purchase of 4 from your inventory.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration,

Back