-6 AN to 3/8" SS tubng adapter?

-6 AN to 3/8\" SS tubng adapter?

Guys,

I need to go from -6 AN male to 3/8" stainless steel tubing (0.3735" OD, 0.300 ID) for an existing fuel cell.

Where do I find such a thing? All of the -6 AN females to tubing at Summit specifically state for Aluminum tubing.

Have all of the other stuff and these are the last pieces for the fuel system. Sure would appreciate the help!

Re: -6 AN to 3/8\" SS tubng adapter?

Hello Mike,

Chassisshop.com/ is a good source for pictures and sizes of AN fittings and numerious other adapters. They also have a lot of other parts of interest to GT40 builders and some tutotrials from various manufacturers. Fuelsafe.com is also worth checking out. Good luck with your project.

Bob

Re: -6 AN to 3/8\" SS tubing adapter?

I don't know anything about this supplier, but anyone who handles Earl's could help you.

http://my.coredcs.com/~wmeng/

Also, If you call Summit during the week when they have their most knowledgeable staff on site, They may be able to help you. They have allot more stuff than they show in their catalog.

There are two options for you:

1. You buy a 37° Flaring tool (needs to be good quality like Ridgid to work on stainless), and then flare the tubing after sliding a tube nut and sleeve on. Summit or any other race shop will have them, and they are pretty cheap (under $10).

2. You buy a hose adaptor fitting. I have one from Swagelok that says "316 - OFY" on it. It is made out of stainless steel and you just tighten it on the tubing, no need for a special tool. I bought it from Forte's for about 18$. A hydraulics place will probably have it much cheaper than that.

I am not sure what kind of pressure your fuel system will see (EFI or carb) but I am using a carb system which will only see about 7psi or so. For EFI I would spend the extra $$$ and get a nice flaring tool, you can find the Ridgid one online for about 80$-85$.

I will try to find the fitting and take a pic.

Lukas

IMG_1454Small.jpg

IMG_1453Small.jpg

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Re: -6 AN to 3/8\" SS tubng adapter?

Mike,

Go here -> Pegaus

The nuts (part #3235-06) are a buck and a half and the sleeve (part #3236-06) is two bucks. They say aluminum tube nut/sleeve, but that is just what they are made of. The smaller sizes that would be too weak in aluminum are made of steel: 3AN - steel, 4AN either steel or aluminum, 6AN and higher - aluminum.

Regards,
Lynn

Back