A dream coming through? From Spain with love..

Hi to all,
My name is Fernando Cabello, I'm originally Spanish but live half in London, UK and half in Seville, southern Spain. I'm a programmer(software) at the present but have been in the games industry for quite a while doing 3D characters and programming as well. Been chasing all my life the possibility to build my own car and looks like now is the right time.
Was recently looking for a Tornado kit car GT40 of course, but suddenly came across this forum and thought to go the hard way and try to build from scratch with the support of these amazing people if so.
I mainly love to learn and have absolutely no fear of failure, indeed it will never be a failure as I'm pretty sure I will learn a lot on the way.

For starting I don't know well where to post so I'm going to request here some advice:

Where can I find some blueprints? Paid or unpaid if so, not quite sure MKII or MKI yet.
I got a good friend welder, I will learn on the way hopefully, but going to rely on his knowledge.
Welding the chassis requires special skills? or normal welders can do.
It is worth it, to build your own chassis? I'm assuming yes.

Any form of helpful advice and comment is more than welcome.

Wish the best for all.

FC.

Welcome Fernando,

I presume you mean a space frame tubular chassis and not an “as original” chassis? There’s quite a lot of difference in work, time (and cost!)

simon

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Fernando. Read through the build logs as there is an amazing amount of talent on here. Living in the UK, perhaps joining the GT40S club would be to your advantage. You could see cars first hand and discuss your proposed build.

Regards Brian

Hola Fernando
Tu projecto es muy interessante ; pero io te digo hacer tu mismo el chassis con la sospension no es una cosa en la quel te vas a resparmiar dinero
Sobre todo si tienes que comprar todo para hacer lo ; saldadora , etc etc almeno que tu tengas ya el taller listo para esto !!!
Si tu analysas el precio dell kit verras que no es tanto mucho para el chassis y sobretodo toda la carrosseria en polyester
Tendras que comprar todo los snodos i otras piezas especiales i tambien tubo especial para triangulos de sospension etc etc
Pero si todavia quieres hacer lo ; puedes encontrar en el forum el subjecto de un Frances que dibujo i hizo todo solo , en este "post" tienes los dibujos i muchas informationes
El titulo del subjecto es https://www.gt40s.com/threads/a-riviera-scratchbuilt-gt40.32106/

Back