A few photos of my car

Last month I went to RCR to see my car for the first time. Just thought I would share some photos.

I'm still amazed at the cartoon sized width of the rear tires. Makes the tires on my Land Rover seem like something from a tricycle.

Attachments

• IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 508
  • _MG_4848.JPG
    _MG_4848.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 490
  • _MG_4830.JPG
    _MG_4830.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 505
  • _MG_4832.JPG
    _MG_4832.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 465
  • _MG_4828.JPG
    _MG_4828.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 457
  • _MG_4831.JPG
    _MG_4831.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,123
  • _MG_4989.JPG
    _MG_4989.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
Ben I like the yellow, since mine is yellow also. Like the black stripe, I have been thinking about what kind of accent stripe or design I want, yours looks good at least I now see what the black stripe down the center option looks like. I know you can't wait to get the car, anticipation is a bitch.

Ben - what size are those tires. They look like R888's - I didn't think that Toyo had the correct "street" tire size. -- Sharkey

Last edited:
Nice - just noted the extra venting/vents on the rear tail - looks good. Is the rear "glass" vented piece the standard plexi-glass. And, has been cut and painted (can you paint/tint plexi??) or is it a f/glass composite piece.

Hi Ben, You lucky bugger, that looks awesome.
That Fran sure knows how to make a good looking car.
Do you have to buy the car part built or can you just buy all the bits ?
What is the SLC like on the circuit, does it drive as good as it looks ?
Regards from the UK

What's the eta for your delivery?
Sorry, I don't know.

Bob: I'm going to continue the black stripe over the roof scoop and down the back end of the rear clam. It's basically a copy of the '01 race car. It's also going to have some additional venting cut into the front clam. I saw it on the '01 car and thought it looked pretty good. See photo below.

what size are those tires?
They are 335/30/18's mounted on the CCW rims (295/30/18 on the rear). It took a lot of net searching to find the tires.

just noted the extra venting/vents on the rear tail
Hard to tell from the photos, but it's a carbon fiber piece.

Is the rear "glass" vented piece the standard plexi-glass. And, has been cut and painted (can you paint/tint plexi??) or is it a f/glass composite piece.
It's a custom fiberglass piece (not painted) with the venting cut into it. I'll back all of the venting with black mesh. Fran made it up for me after a little boo-boo (rear window was accidentally cut out). He doesn't plan on making anymore, so it's a one-off piece. I like it much better than the option of cutting holes in the clam because it fills in the lip area that the Lexan window mates up to.

which Transaxle are you using?
It's a G50/20. The rear casing had a mounting point (doughnut), which made it too long for the rear clam. Fran's guys cut the doughnut off; sectioned a portion of the case, and shortened the actuator rod (or whatever it's called). Basically, cut/shorten/weld.

Attachments

• _MG_4896.JPG
    _MG_4896.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 344
Do you plan on leaving the stock gearset in the G50/20? I am looking at the /20 for my build possibly but it looks like it's a little short. I saw a 3.10 final, which would help, but its over $3k not including installation.

Do you have to buy the car part built or can you just buy all the bits ?

The vehicle is purchased in "Stages". You can buy them one at a time, or all at once. I don't believe that Fran does turn-key cars, but I may be wrong. Being that I've never ridden in one, I can't tell you what they are like on the track.

Did you see any white 917s lurking around? :D
Yes, I did.....And I took a lot of photos!

Sweet, you gotta love the yellow. Especially with the black. Smart getting the door set. what are you doing for exhaust?

Side ported stainless steel sans cats. Finished with carbon fiber side exhaust cover plates. I can't remember what muffler Fran ordered (Magnaflow or someone like that). I wanted an aggressive sound, but not one that would have the plod throwing my license into the bin, or necessitate short-shifting while driving through my neighborhood.

Normally I'm not a fan of yellow but The SLC pulls it off nicely with the black accents. It's looking really good. I like the custom vented fiberglass piece and it can be made relatively easy for anyone who wanted to have it. I might make one when I buy mine just to have options to change the look.

attachment.php
nice slc. Wow ben, I love how your car is coming along. Looks soo good with the black and yellow. Nice nice. I bet you cannot wait. congrats

One nice thing about the fiberglass rear window is that I can still install the Lexan window should the mood strike me. Probably won't happen though.

The yellow was a difficult decision. I really like the orange.

The tires have an AA rating, so they should last a whole 5000 miles or so (Just joking....sort of).

Back