A Roaring Forties with all the Options !

I thought you guys would like to see the latest turnkey completed by the RF Factory.
This car has it all. It has AP racing brakes with ABS, shocks, traction control, front splitter, electric mirrors and I'll let you guys gues what the little levers on the center section are.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 40827-FrontSplitter.jpg
    40827-FrontSplitter.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 447
Wow Hersh!

That looks pretty bloody good.

Those levers look like the type you see in a jet air craft!

Spoiler adjustment maybe?

Tell us more dear chap!

Regards,

J.P

I'll be thinking antiroll bar adjustment?

Looks fabulous. All the latest bells and whicstles. Is that one of Mark Le Vea's splitters?

Awesome! I'll say the levers are for brake bias adjustment and for roll-bar adjustment. That car is definitely missing something though - STRIPES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hersh,

If that is sway bar adjustment, I am guessing (from the levers) that it is front and rear. Does it have a detent for road use and a similar one for track use with graduations in between? Does the adjustment happen at the frame end or control arm end - cant picture it.

Rick

Thanks for the comments guys, Yep! you got it, those levers are remote swaybar adjustments.
I saw this car in person while it was being built. These pictures don't do it true justice. The detail is staggering.
The RF gang has truly out done themselves.
I'll have to allow Robert to answer most questions about the car as I'm not fully up to the specs of it. I'm sure he will be on the forum in 3 0r 4 hours.

Rick, I'm doing well thank you!

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
That one is definitely fantastic. Nice traction control on the half-shafts and cool anti-roll bar adjustment.

R

Howard Jones

Supporter
The paperwork I got with my "Firebottle" system said to mount the tank behind the drivers seat at floor level to insure that the fire system survived in a crash. Thats where mine is. But then again I'm 5'3" and I had to move the seat up anyway.

Very Nice car. Makes me want to sell old "Betty" my GTD and get a new young RF . These things really are like woman. Just about the time you get the one you have at home all paid for and sorted out, a sweet young thing comes along and takes all your money and its back into the garage again.

Ron Earp

Admin
Only other place to go would be in the passenger compartment footwell, which I suppose it okay for a track only car but not so good for a dual purpose car. I don't think it will explode in the few seconds it will take to discharge in the event of a fire, unless it just gets punctured. I'm consistently amazed at how long it takes an aerosol can to explode when thrown in a fuel fire while standing around and..., but I digress. These are much thicker than an aerosol can and have much more mass - it looks like the same one as on my own car.

Very nice indeed.
I see the car is using a Parker Hanifin, Racor (ex OBERG) oil filter. I have used one on the VW for years and put one on the GT also. The nice features about them are a resuable stainless filter disk, an optional switch to indicate by-pass status, and you can actually see what is coming out of the engine.

I've learned the hard way (on the air cooled VW) to NEVER disregard the differential (bypass) switch, even if the new engine has only ran for 5 minutes. Soft cam which didn't break in properly wore the lobes completely off in 5 minutes. Cast iron everywhere which quickly plugged the filter.

Back