adhesive in engine bay

Having now done 400 miles I am left with only one problem to sort .In my rf I was supplied with a reflective heat mat to glue to the inside of the clip over the exhaust area. I have used a comercial contact adhesive but it seems unable to cope with the heat .

Could anyone suggest a suitable adhesive that they have found successful at holding this material to a painted surface

Hi Huw

I have used a 3M product for this job. Not cheap but it does what it says on the tin.

3M Scotch Grip 1300L Hight temp adhesive

Steve

Attachments

• Rear clip 2.jpg
    Rear clip 2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 252
I have used RTV silicone in some race cars to stick reflective mat over exhaust header areas. The fiberglass was not painted though.

Hi Huw,

we use <TABLE style="WIDTH: 121pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=161 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 121pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5888" width=161><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 121pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=161 height=17>Anchor Weld 2701 clear</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
which we now send out in the kit with the heat mat. It is highly temp resistant - we have to use it here in Aus as the cat converters sit right below the mat. I hope this helps and that you can source it in the UK as I think sending it from here (by plane) would be almost impossible - it has all sorts of warnings and labels on it.

Regards Paul

Back