Agreed Value Validation

Dave Collins

Supporter
I have just swapped the insurance for my car to Classicline. They require the agreed value to be validated by an appropriate club official or independent valuer.

Can anyone let me know who the best person is to contact to progress this?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Trust you had a good journey home from the NEC last November. I'm interested in your question because you may recall I've been a strong advocate of Classicline since putting my car with them. There must be a value figure above which they ask for an independent valuation as they did not raise this question with me.

It would be good for other owners in the UK to know what the threshold is before they ask for this 'proof'. It would certainly be something worth mentioning in the Club magazine.

I look forward to seeing the response that your thread receives as I feel certain that an 'Official' of the Club could act in this capacity. It could be a worthwhile item to raise at the Club AGM. A nominated 'Valuation Officer' (or several) would be useful for everyone.

Hope to see you again somewhere during the course of 2013.

IIRC it was at 20k the club valuation was required, my old Porka was insured with them for 18k and that did not need one.

Paul

Dave Collins

Supporter
Steve,

Yes as Paul says the cut off is £20K. Above that the form says "..you will need to have the 'Vehicle Condition'.'Vehicle Value', and 'Authorisation' sections of this form filled in by a relevant Car Club Official, Automotive Valuer or Vehicle Assessor..."

I did have a trouble free run back from NEC and hopeyours was the same. Car has been off at Arden since November having all the teething problems of the first year running sorted. I hope to get it back sometime in early March once completed, although it is planned to be at Race Retro on the Arden stand before then.

Dave

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Dave

I have had to have this done twice. I believe from memory they require itis updated every 2 years.

I asked Frank Catt if he would do the valuation as he had my car in his workshop about the same time.

If it is the club that is required to give the valuation, I presume it would be me as club secretary that should do it, but I have never been asked to do this in the past

Ian

Hi Ian... just a minute.. don't do anything which might open yourself up to a claim e.g. you may end up in court giving evidence as to your engineering qualifications and how you came about a certain valuation. Cross examination is not a nice thing to experience when you're in the witness box under oath. Let Frank Catt from Wealdon Engineering do this work. He's a professional and must have appropriate insurance etc. Only saying this as a mate, Ian..OK? Andrew

Dave Collins

Supporter
Hi Andrew,

Would it be worth the club defining who the recommended person is, or club policy on how requests of this sort are dealt with?

Classicline are a club mag advertiser which is why I contacted them in the first place and thus if they request a club official to validate an agreed value then it would be good to know who to go to. Alternatively I will make my own private arrangements to satisfy the request through a suitable valuor.

Regards

Dave

If 20k is the cut off point that should be ok .
Is there any RCR's worth more than that anyway ????

' POP'
I think that was the sound of a can of worms opening !

Back