Alan Mann chassis tag

Hi, I'm looking for some more information about the metal Alan Mann byfleet chassis tag - I've seen pictures here but not the size or the location - I'm looking for an GT40 xgt-2 version, thanks
-Steve

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Found a -1....
1650405840999.png

Looks to be riveted to the removable fire wall, and not attached to the actual structure that forms the roof section. I am not sure how the Alan Man cars had the alloy roof constructed as this was different to the regular GT40 roof construction. was it just an alloy skin over the top of the regular rear fire wall? or were the uprights that formed the B pillars also constructed entirely from Alloy?

Thanks for the above, its actually a hand stamped aluminum tag but without anything else in the photo scale and location are impossible to determine, this is the only photo I can find

Attachments

• vin tag.png
    vin tag.png
    98 KB · Views: 137
vin tag.png

Adjusted the colour to see if there is any other surface defects in the sheet metal.
cant tell if any spot welds are present or of the lower right mark is a domed headed machine screw

Thanks for trying, I can't tell if its on the firewall. I contacted Alan Mann LTD but haven't heard back from them yet, maybe they would have a blank tag. If I hear anything I will post here.
-Steve

Back