Albins 6 speed sequential

After seeing the monster SL-C that RCR Australia are building, I wonder if anyone else is investigating the possibility of using the Albins 6 speed sequential trans.

I just found one for sale for $15K AUD. I'm not connected to the sale. If you look at the bottom of the Ebay advert (in the Q&A), the seller talks about his recently recoed Albins also being for sale.

BMW 5 LITRE V10 ENGINE Complete with Motec Engine Mgt (eBay item 230551496795 end time 26-Nov-10 15:52:10 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

I saw that engine, it looks awesome. Their gearboxes are great, and can handle 800hp on road applications!

I almost stumped up for the Albins sequential 5 speed. It is 50mm shorter than the 6 psd, but still just that little too big for a GT40 (well, an RF at least). Remember, in that configuration, the engine is behind the trans, so inverting would be necessary. Typically, that would need either a trip to, or at least parts from, the Factory just over an hour outside of Melbourne.

I now have an Elite 6 speed sequential that is just a bit shorter than their 5 spd. I do use an Albins bellhousuing though...

My advice: buy that engine! lol

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I saw that engine, it looks awesome. Their gearboxes are great, and can handle 800hp on road applications!

I almost stumped up for the Albins sequential 5 speed. It is 50mm shorter than the 6 psd, but still just that little too big for a GT40 (well, an RF at least). Remember, in that configuration, the engine is behind the trans, so inverting would be necessary. Typically, that would need either a trip to, or at least parts from, the Factory just over an hour outside of Melbourne.

I now have an Elite 6 speed sequential that is just a bit shorter than their 5 spd. I do use an Albins bellhousuing though...

My advice: buy that engine! lol

Troy

Can we have any comments on the Elite transmission you have?

I've seen them at loads of car shows over here and even talked to the people at the shows but never heard any comments

Ian

My car is still in the build stage. I have been talking to a gentleman in the UK who has the same transmission (at present, there are less than 10 of them about). He runs a twin turbo Audi 4.2ltr V8 with around 750NM of torque. This is beyond the manufacturers limit, but has opted for this gearbox anyway.

They are a very well built transmission, and can be used as stressed members for rear suspension (I am doing this at present).

The factory supports the products exceptionally well. As this box is still low in production numbers, they're constantly in contact to ensure all is progressing well, and advising on possible updates. They are also very keen to hear owner feedback.

Their in-line sequential transmissions are their bread and butter. As well as their lower rated transaxles for open wheel categories. They do have an even stronger transaxle in development, but it is too big for our applications.

I visited the factory in May this year, and was surprised at the scale of the operation. The design office works very well, and everything (except the cast housings) is done in-house in Stoke-on-Trent.

Hope this helps...

Back