And now Glenn Frey

Brian Stewart
Supporter
RIP Glenn. Hasn't been a good start to 2016 for the entertainment industry...

Keith

Thanks for the vote of confidence Paul.... :shocked: And it's all about the consequences of the lifestyle kicking in 20 years too early. Ask me how I know.. :(

Thanks for the vote of confidence Paul.... :shocked: And it's all about the consequences of the lifestyle kicking in 20 years too early. Ask me how I know.. :(

Perhaps, but they have condensed more life and living into their short years than we have. More women, parties, holidays ,drugs and drugs. Did I mention drugs:evil: They have really lived past a hundred :)

Bob

Keith

Perhaps, but they have condensed more life and living into their short years than we have. More women, parties, holidays ,drugs and drugs. Did I mention drugs:evil: They have really lived past a hundred :)

Bob

Drugs is not a given in these situations. Intemperance and fags is all it takes believe me. During my time in the live music industry, I worked with many of the top bands of the day (and now) but I won't name drop. I would say they liked their share of Mary Jane & a sprinkling of Colombian Marching Powder but it was unusual to come across Heroin and some of the nasty chemicals around today...It was the booze that reigned supreme and it is the booze that causes at least 60-70% of the cancers prevalent now and is taking these guys prematurely.

I am continually amazed at what the human body can tolerate, until it cries enough and then it's too late....

Rule of thumb: Look after the lungs. Almost every other organ can re-generate or be replaced..but nothing works without the lungs.

Amy Winehouse was diagnosed with Emphysema at aged 28, and that is going some. It took me 40 years to get where she was! I can tell you how it happened though: Crack Cocaine. It's a good job that shit wasn't around in the '60's otherwise none of our musical heroes would have even made it this far, but there again, not many of them would have been that stupid.

Keith

Upright? Are you serious? Baker is phucked and I doubt if he can even walk. He has lived to a good age (76) Pity he didn't do more with it..

Interesting about drummers, watching some of the older ones today, I should imagine they have to have quite a strict regime to play for up to 2 hours. Chad Smith (who I rate as a drummer) sounds very unhealthy in that clip. I also rate Lars Ulrich but he is now struggling at only 52..so how Chad manages 2 hours of RHCP at aged 54 sounding like that is beyond me..

Upright? Are you serious? Baker is phucked and I doubt if he can even walk. He has lived to a good age (76) Pity he didn't do more with it..

Interesting about drummers, watching some of the older ones today, I should imagine they have to have quite a strict regime to play for up to 2 hours. Chad Smith (who I rate as a drummer) sounds very unhealthy in that clip. I also rate Lars Ulrich but he is now struggling at only 52..so how Chad manages 2 hours of RHCP at aged 54 sounding like that is beyond me..

A fair few drummers have gone early, Bonham, moon and Cosy Powell all gone at an early age . Nothing to do with lifestyle :evil:

Bob

Keith

Eh? What are you babbling on about.. Anyway, I thank you for posting possibly the most effective anti smoking video I've seen in a long time..

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
And then you have Ginger Baker who stamps his feet and gets a fall of soot, that man has done the lot and is still upright..:shocked:

Bob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKBLiw8sANE

I 'fast forwarded' to the end of the vid to see if he lasted 'til the end. I also f.f.ed to the end because the interview was dull as a garden hoe and moved slower than a glacier.

An aside: Do you suppose Mr. Baker figures continuing to smoke might improve his health? (The other two guys apparently must hold a similar view regarding their own.)

I'm sure glad I'm purfeckt in every way......................:lipsrsealed:

Keith

I 'fast forwarded' to the end of the vid to see if he lasted 'til the end. I also f.f.ed to the end because the interview was dull as a garden hoe and moved slower than a glacier.

Spot on....You have to ask why did they bother?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Cozy was drunk in a Saab turbo at 100 mph wasn't he when he died?

Ginger Baker is a mean mofo.

Drumming beats the shit out of the body. Neil Peart just basically gave it up because of that. Bill ward too. Charlie Watts is the only old guy still slingin' and it's because he is light on teh sticks.

Keith

Rumour had it that Charlie Watts actually passed away 45 years ago and they trucked his mummified corpse around just for show, using a drum machine for concerts, but recently, his right hand twitched a little so I guess maybe, he is still with us.

That was the joke in the late '60's - seriously.

I dunno about that, have some of Baker at the royal Albert Hall. Only ten years ago and he has not got much worse :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gze0PxDKgQ

In another world is our GB, RAH was his pension but blew most on horses.
Needs another gig for new pension I believe!
Good documentary a few months ago about him. He was really screwed up about Jack Bruce getting most of the Cream dosh-he was credited as the lyricists
GB deffo not a happy bunny

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
How is it possible ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 201

Keith, the truth is we are all getting closer and at very differing rates and none of us know how close we are. Lost my sister & brother in law within 6 weeks of each other in Sept/Oct. A bit too close for comfort.........

Back